Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Circuit of the Americas in Austin, Texas. Who's going? Options
Warthog
#1 Posted : 16 November 2013 12:51:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

So how many of you lucky guys are off to the GP this weekend? I must say I do envy you! Drool

Who's your favourite driver or team?

Feel free to share any of your weekend experiences (F1 related LOL ) of old and new and any pictures to show off your talents with the camera..

Spence
Tomick
#2 Posted : 16 November 2013 13:28:04

Groups:

McLaren driver Jenson Button has been given a three-place grid penalty at the United States Grand Prix.

He was punished for ignoring red flags indicating the session had been stopped in first practice on Friday despite warning lights on his steering wheel.

Officials had to stop the session because the medical helicopter had not arrived at the track.

Button had been second fastest in the session just 0.028 seconds behind pace-setter Fernando Alonso of Ferrari.
Tomick
#3 Posted : 16 November 2013 13:38:51

Groups:

Lewis Hamilton has admitted the "Red Bulls are a long way down the road" after yet another one-two for the World Champions in Friday practice for the U.S. GP.

While Hamilton continued in vain to find the sweet-spot in his W04's set-up, the RB9 appeared to be a class apart at the Circuit of Americas as Sebastian Vettel topped the timesheets ahead of team-mate Mark Webber.

"It's been an ok day, nothing special, but it's good to see the team have moved forwards. We have made some small improvements to the car so I'm happy," said Hamilton, who ended the day fourth fastest.

Having previously spent the entirety of his motorsport career at McLaren, the 2008 World Champion has previously spoken of his struggle to master the braking system used in the W04 and revealed on what is the penultimate weekend of the season that those problems are still ongoing.

"I don't think I've nailed the set-up all year. It's not nailed this weekend and I don't think it will be nailed for the rest of the season! But we are constantly trying to improve and we got a long run in on the option tyre, which is a good thing," he told Sky Sports F1.

"The weather is good, the track is getting faster, and the Red Bulls are a long way down the road but we'll still try to give them hell and catch them."
Warthog
#4 Posted : 17 November 2013 22:29:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

8 successive wins for Red Bulls Sebastian Vettel. Is this man unstoppable? Another great race from Mark Webber too in 3rd and a well deserved second place for Roman Grosjean for Lotus leaving the Uk's Lewis Hamilton in 4th moving him up to third in the drivers championship.

Red Bull have already snatched the championship with 553 points and Mercedes in second with 348 but with one race to go this can be taken away from them by Ferrari who are only 15 points behind.