[]
Paul

Current builds:
1/24 Spitfire
1/48 Apache Longbow
Titanic Lifeboat
Warthog
#3 Posted : 07 April 2013 14:32:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Look forward to your build Cool
MWG
#4 Posted : 07 April 2013 15:02:39

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Paul good startBigGrin Kind regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

f1marshal
#5 Posted : 07 April 2013 15:20:59

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Had to work out how to get the pics up first but looks like I got it right couldn't start it till today as I was at silverstone yesterday
Paul

Current builds:
1/24 Spitfire
1/48 Apache Longbow
Titanic Lifeboat
aidanF1mad
#6 Posted : 07 April 2013 20:16:21

good job:)

Aidan :D
jay7792
#7 Posted : 07 April 2013 20:26:54

Hello mate, great start, keep the pics coming!!

Currently building:-

Deagostini HMS Victory

Amati Black Pearl

Mamoli HMS Victory 1:90 Scale

Caldercraft HMS Victory 1:72
Stupot
#8 Posted : 08 April 2013 03:51:49

Hi Paul, good start.I hope you don't mind me picking your brain about being a track marshal.I've always wanted to know about that but never knew anyone that was.How did you go about becoming a marshal? What was the course & test like? Have you met any of the F1 drivers? I've been watching F1 for years now & know quite alot about the sport but wondered is there anything about the sport that only a marshal would know that might be of interest to us F1 fans.Thanks.Stuart.
f1marshal
#9 Posted : 08 April 2013 14:56:05

Stupot wrote:
Hi Paul, good start.I hope you don't mind me picking your brain about being a track marshal.I've always wanted to know about that but never knew anyone that was.How did you go about becoming a marshal? What was the course & test like? Have you met any of the F1 drivers? I've been watching F1 for years now & know quite alot about the sport but wondered is there anything about the sport that only a marshal would know that might be of interest to us F1 fans.Thanks.Stuart.

Hi Stu
First of all i see your in scotland so you will be limited to the tracks you marshal unless you want to travel a long way. you do have knockhill up in scotland.

secondly there is no test as such but on post training at silverstone they do taster days i dont know how knockhill works though. all you need to do is contact your local circuit and let them know your interested in marshaling and they will give you the details for that circuit.

silverstone is my local track but they have their own club for the marshals.

hope this helps

paul
Paul

Current builds:
1/24 Spitfire
1/48 Apache Longbow
Titanic Lifeboat
Stupot
#10 Posted : 08 April 2013 18:24:44

Thanks Paul, some good advice.It sounds like a great way to spend the weekend.Cheers.Stu
SennaMentalMe
#11 Posted : 08 April 2013 22:06:08

Groups:

f1marshal wrote:

Hi Stu
First of all i see your in scotland so you will be limited to the tracks you marshal unless you want to travel a long way. you do have knockhill up in scotland.

secondly there is no test as such but on post training at silverstone they do taster days i dont know how knockhill works though. all you need to do is contact your local circuit and let them know your interested in marshaling and they will give you the details for that circuit.

silverstone is my local track but they have their own club for the marshals.

hope this helps

paul

Hi Paul,

I've often thought about trying my hand at a bit of race marshalling! I live down in East Sussex and was thinking of maybe getting in touch with Brands Hatch to see if it was possible to get involved as a marshal there?

You say there is no test as such but what does the 'on post' training consist of exactly and can you tell me how long the training takes to get to the point where you are left to do your marshalling unsupervised? Also, what sort of roles did you start off with when you first went and do they take anybody or is there certain criteria to fulfil with regards to fitness, IQ test, age, etc,?

Do you have any contact numbers for the Marshalling contacts at circuits like Brands Hatch and Silverstone and also, am I correct in saying that once trained as a marshal at a particular circuit, then I could offer my services at ANY circuit in the UK? Are travel expenses covered if you are offered marshalling at a distant circuit?

You never know, we could even end up meeting each other at Silverstone one day?! Sorry about all the questions Paul but I needed to ask and as you are a marshal I thought you'd know enough to at least give me an initial idea?

All the best and look forward to your reply,

Kev BigGrin

Virtue86
#12 Posted : 21 November 2013 11:07:00

Stupot wrote:

Sorry for the delayed response on this thread, have just come across it now. This is directed at Stu really as i am a track marshal at Knockhill. If you are still interested let me know and i can give you the contacts for joining up.

Good start to the Red Bull Paul.
Cheers
Peter

Current builds: Amati 1:200 Hood; D51 200
Bought and on the waiting list: HMS Endeavour's Longboat, 1:90 San Juan Nepomuceno, Titanic Lifeboat,1:200 Bismarck Strip and Rebuild
[b]Built:1:250 Titanic