Old and confused Options
mike m
#1 Posted : 28 November 2013 11:27:00

Groups:

I have a problem which others may have flagged up , but a quick scan of
subjects did not show it .
So , yesterday I received part 9 .
Or did I ?
Where can I find out which items come with which package ?
You may think this a daft question , but if I do not know what is supposed to be in each package , how can I flag up that something is missing ?
Following the build blog , I got the impression that the first part of the cylinder build should have been in the package (it wasn't) .
Would it be possible for this to be addressed by someone ?

Mike M
karl1113
#2 Posted : 28 November 2013 11:50:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

hi mike,the way I check is using the download that you should have got in an e-mail, each set of instructions show parts required, hope I understood your dilema ?
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Tomick
#3 Posted : 28 November 2013 14:21:04

Groups:

There is also a number on the back of each parts set which relates to each stage number of the instructions. The parts content of each stage is shown at the head of each stage of the instructions.
mike m
#4 Posted : 28 November 2013 23:21:27

Groups:

Oh , I see .
I do not recall getting any email about build .
I had noted the numbers on each pack , but with nothing to check them against all I have been able to do is keep a note of which ones I have received . That has not helped me know what I should have received .
I shall have to try finding the download you mention , but it does seem an odd way to send things ; all of the many model bits of model stuff I get via the internet come complete with an invoice listing contents .
I'll let you know how I get on .

Mike M
jase
#5 Posted : 28 November 2013 23:39:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

mike m wrote:

Oh , I see .
I do not recall getting any email about build .
I had noted the numbers on each pack , but with nothing to check them against all I have been able to do is keep a note of which ones I have received . That has not helped me know what I should have received .
I shall have to try finding the download you mention , but it does seem an odd way to send things ; all of the many model bits of model stuff I get via the internet come complete with an invoice listing contents .
I'll let you know how I get on .

Mike M

Hi Mike you should have received an email with the instructions for the D51 build at the top of each set of instructions is a list of parts. You should receive 4 packages and an email in advance with the instructions. these go to the email address you provided when you registered.

If you use this link and enter your subscriber number, which is on your delivery paperwork, and your password you will get access to all your instructions. you can get another password if you have forgotten it.

https://www.jacklin-uk.com/modelspace/

If you have any further questions or need for support please PM I am happy to help

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
mike m
#6 Posted : 29 November 2013 00:14:02

Groups:

Hello , Jase .
I just did what you said and saw what I was looking for .
I have received three packages so far with no paperwork at all , but now I know where to look , it may turn out OK . I hope .
Funny thing , the first two were grey plastic bags and the last one a box.
Whatever , they are at least well packed .
Thanks for your help .
I think it may help if the build log reflects what is required in the way of bits , that way we would not have the aggro of downloading the contents.
You may wonder what the heck I am on about but I cannot afford a decent computer and a model loco . I hope that explains things .

Mike M
jase
#7 Posted : 29 November 2013 00:20:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Glad your sorted,

you know where i am if you need anything more.

J
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Tomick
#8 Posted : 29 November 2013 09:09:37

Groups:

mike m wrote:

Hello , Jase .
I just did what you said and saw what I was looking for .
I have received three packages so far with no paperwork at all , but now I know where to look , it may turn out OK . I hope .
Funny thing , the first two were grey plastic bags and the last one a box.
Whatever , they are at least well packed .
Thanks for your help .
I think it may help if the build log reflects what is required in the way of bits , that way we would not have the aggro of downloading the contents.
You may wonder what the heck I am on about but I cannot afford a decent computer and a model loco . I hope that explains things .

Mike M

Hi Mike,

The purchase details for the D51 state that a the instructions are provided by monthly download, which you will need to do to obtain the instructions, as no instructions or parts information is provided with any of the monthly packs.

My build log for the D51 shows the parts provided in the sequence they are provided, along with what is required for each stage of the build and the assembly..

http://forum.model-space...aspx?g=posts&t=6523
mike m
#9 Posted : 29 November 2013 11:01:36

Groups:

Hello Tomick ,
I must have been seeing only the good bits of the adverts .
I think that may be a trap we all fall into at times , my experience with other part works is that they come with at least paperwork and sometimes with a magazine .
Anyway , now that I know that there are helpful people like yourself and others here , I shall have nothing to worry about .
Except old fingers struggling with teeny screws .
And failing eyesight .
And not enough hands .
And a space big enough to take a large model loco . (the loft is already full of very expensive insulation in the form of kit boxes that I may some day get round to making)
Actually , the teeny screws are not a problem , a dab of Blu Tak on the end of the screwdriver or some Tacky Wax (Deluxe materials)helps a lot .
In the same spirit of offering tips , when you are mating the boiler to the front ring , hold it with a couple of elastic bands before offering it up to the front ring and keep them there while you put a couple of holding screws in .
The elastic bands I get for free , they are excellent quality ones courtesy of the postman who now keeps a few for me from his pre-bundled deliveries .
Yes , you can get them from W H Smith , but not as good as the P.O.ones.
I have probably put these comments in the wrong place . Ah well .
Tomick
#10 Posted : 29 November 2013 12:11:16

Groups:

Tips and any suggestions are most welcome Mike. ThumpUp