Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

A6M2 UPPER WING Options
sophie2012
#1 Posted : 06 January 2014 20:43:03

Groups: Registered

Hi guys

i understand from reading the Osprey book that the upper wing of our zero
had two circular panels the one nearest the wing root being the fuel filler
and the other further out near the gun bay this i read was in fact a transparent/perspex inspection window
is this included in our model if not are there any ideas around including this and are there any pics

2. i also see there are near the wing gun pets undercarriage indiator rods coloured red ??

again are there any pics/diagrams 3. how would be model these in 1/16th if not included in our kit
and for the wing without panels what did the mechanism under the wing look like has any one any thoughts ideas , pics, diagrams, anyone modelled these in 1/24th or 1/32 what would the dimensions , colours be
jase
#2 Posted : 06 January 2014 21:08:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Sophie,

If you look at post 100 in my Tamiya build you will see the position of the undercarriage indicators.

http://forum.model-space...osts&t=3475&p=5

By the way I am sure we would all love to see some pics of your build progress.

jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
sophie2012
#3 Posted : 06 January 2014 21:18:27

are yes a great picture at last what did you make the indicators from and what size would they be in our 1/16th
will post some pics of my build shortly just want to get some more research done

thanks for your help this forum is very very useful