Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Del Prado Cutty Sark Options
jonny7england
#1 Posted : 06 July 2010 12:28:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Good morning shipmates, I understand that there are a few among us that have built the Del Prado Cutty Sark..I have a problem with the same..I am restoring my Cutty Sark build due to an unfortunate accident with the removal people who, in their clumsiness managed to totally wreck the bow of the model where the bowsprit and various other parts went missing?? As you know, there are parts such as chain link, which is an important part of Cutty Sark? I would like to ask if you have any photographs that show the actual points where the chains are attached to to bowsprit and the bow section and other parts in order to assist me in my restoration of Cutty Sark...there are very few if any decent pictures on the net that show this, in fact, I have found a few items of importance on the real ship, such as windlass, capstan, ect, that was not incorporated in the complete build parts that I intend to add to make the model look more historically accurate? I would appreciate your very valuable input...thanks matey's BigGrin
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
Dontshootme
#2 Posted : 06 July 2010 14:34:23

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Jonny,I found an excellent place that does windlasses etc for Cutty Sark,admittedly I went there for my Thermopylae, EuromodelsI had next day delivery.Sage card verification is a pain as its playing up but if you use manual card entry & then phone him when you receive email & confirm security number.
Very helpful guy runs it
Rob Nolli Illigitimi Carborundum!!!
Current Builds:HMS Victory,SV Thermopylae
jonny7england
#3 Posted : 06 July 2010 15:18:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks Rob, had a look and saw the Cutty Sark windlass for just under a fiver, lots of other interesting stuff to be had on there...I was going to scratch build the windlass, may have to do it with the other parts though to keep to scale? Think I will set up an account with them...thanks again Rob ThumpUp
Current Builds: Deagostini HMS Victory: Deagostini HMS Sovereign of the seas. Completed Builds: Del Prado: HMAS Bounty: Hachette: RMS Titanic: Del Prado: Cutty Sark...
andylangtree
#4 Posted : 07 July 2010 20:57:00

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Try the link below, i have looked at these on my build and also the pics Colin posted of the model he saw. Hope this helps. Not my pics by the way.

http://modelshipworld.com/phpBB2/gallery/album10/
jonny7england
#5 Posted : 08 July 2010 15:06:27

Thanks Andy..great link, I have saved it to my bookmark section for further information as there are a number of items on the actual ship that will add to my making my build more realistic...thanks mate..ThumpUp
andylangtree
#6 Posted : 08 July 2010 18:29:15

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

No problem, glad to help out