Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

20 Pages «<181920
Admirals HMS Sovereign of the seas adventure Options
Admiral Anti Spiral
#381 Posted : 14 October 2013 20:31:01

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

NMBROOK wrote:
Glad to see you are back on your build Admiral BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin .The modelling equivalent of writers block can come to us all.It can be beneficial sometimes to have a break and then come back to it with a fresh frame of mind.
Kind Regards Nigel

Thanks nigel! nice to be back building a bit more, coming back to it has only made me realise i've still got a long way to go!LOL LOL
Processing - Progressing

Previous builds: HMS Victory
Current build: HMS Sovereign of the seas
Admiral Anti Spiral
#382 Posted : 14 October 2013 20:33:29

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

claret wrote:
Hi Admiral,

Looking great, keep it up!

Regards
Claret

Thanks claret!BigGrin
Processing - Progressing

Admiral Anti Spiral
#383 Posted : 14 October 2013 20:34:54

MWG wrote:
Good Stuff DominicBigGrin Kind regards Mike

ahahah thanks mike, but it seems once again you've confused me with someone else! maybe from now on i should be admiral dominicBigGrin BigGrin LOL
Processing - Progressing

MWG
#384 Posted : 14 October 2013 20:54:26

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Admiral Anti Spiral wrote:
MWG wrote:

ahahah thanks mike, but it seems once again you've confused me with someone else! maybe from now on i should be admiral dominicBigGrin BigGrin LOL

Sorry AdmiralBlushing Kind regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Admiral Anti Spiral
#385 Posted : 14 October 2013 20:55:07

karl1113 wrote:
nicely done,very neat.Cool

thank you karlBigGrin BigGrin
Processing - Progressing

Admiral Anti Spiral
#386 Posted : 14 October 2013 20:56:10

MWG wrote:
Admiral Anti Spiral wrote:
MWG wrote:

Sorry AdmiralBlushing Kind regards Mike

no problem BigGrin
Processing - Progressing

stevie_o
#387 Posted : 15 October 2013 00:13:58

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Gandale
#388 Posted : 16 October 2013 22:22:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking brill Admiral, very nicely done...Drool Drool

Regards

Alan
Admiral Anti Spiral
#389 Posted : 05 November 2013 17:14:57

little work has been done, still interested in the ship, just haven't been working on it much, still loads to do, but for now i've done a little bit of work on the stern modification, adding bits here and there so i can close it all up and cut out windows and such for the lighting, then added the rest of the gallery parts. these two parts will be later cover with some filler just to make it look natural with the rest. then painted black.

Not much support on there parts but i will add more when im ready to add the final back piece. added the wires also for the big lantern that will be fixed with an LED.

Processing - Progressing

Gandale
#390 Posted : 09 November 2013 11:08:22

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking really good Admiral, so looking forward to seeing her all lit up.... some time away yet I agree but that day will come....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Admiral Anti Spiral
#391 Posted : 15 November 2013 16:24:03

Thanks for your comments alanBigGrin

Another small update, working on the gallery.
I've drawn out a template on which to base the gallery, unfortunately due to the placement of the gun ports and the weird proportions of the model its not possible to fit everything in, so i'll have to sacrifice some of the decorations nearest to the gunports if im to save accuracy.

Using the template i'll add 1mm wood on either side of the paper then adding 4mm x 3or4mm boxwood for the 'railings?'. Right now im working on the back of the gallery and once again due to the proportions its a bit difficult to work it all out so this will also take some time, aswell as cutting out MORE whole for the windows/light.

Also Woot Woot for rank of master! doesn't feel like it but hey im not arguing
Processing - Progressing

Foz
#392 Posted : 15 November 2013 16:59:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Really nice looking build. Love your attention to the detail.

Regards

Foz
Martyn Ingram
#393 Posted : 15 November 2013 18:32:01

BigGrin Wow stunning work Admiral BigGrin Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
stevie_o
#394 Posted : 17 November 2013 22:04:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Marcel
#395 Posted : 06 February 2014 06:54:40

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I love to watch your work of fitting lights into the build. This old dog is learning new tricks from you, Peter

The biggest challenge is always to emulate candle light in the captain's sleeping quarter.

Marcel
"Rather try and fail than had failed to try".

Sovereign of the Seas

Model Space forum: Marcel's build