Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

seats and rests Options
jase
#1 Posted : 11 February 2014 13:35:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

If you look at todays offical build post you will see the seats and arm rests have been fitted. They look great as they are, but I wonderd if anybody had thoughts about maybe giving them a leather look?

Thoughts?

See Stage 56 at the bottom of this link

http://forum.model-space...&m=107447#post107447
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Pilgrim
#2 Posted : 12 February 2014 09:54:02

I wasn't planning to do any mods or painting on this build but I do think a touch of leather on the seats would look good. I have plenty left over from the ill fated DB5 project.
steviecav
#3 Posted : 12 February 2014 17:44:43

I saw an Eaglemoss DB5 was up for auction yesterday. It went for £390 (plus about 20% commission to the auction house). I did leather upholstery on mine. That whole build was a nightmare wasn't it? I keep being almost tempted to subscribe to the Nissan GTR but then I remember how bad the customer service was. Anyway the last thing I need is another car model to not finish. I still have a pocher testarossa spider sitting in it's box from years ago!
jase
#4 Posted : 12 February 2014 20:51:00

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Pilgrim wrote:
I wasn't planning to do any mods or painting on this build but I do think a touch of leather on the seats would look good. I have plenty left over from the ill fated DB5 project.

I agree its a little touch that will make the difference without spoiling the brass finish if your going down that rout

J
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Warthog
#5 Posted : 12 February 2014 21:22:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

steviecav wrote:
I saw an Eaglemoss DB5 was up for auction yesterday. It went for £390 (plus about 20% commission to the auction house). I did leather upholstery on mine. That whole build was a nightmare wasn't it? I keep being almost tempted to subscribe to the Nissan GTR but then I remember how bad the customer service was. Anyway the last thing I need is another car model to not finish. I still have a pocher testarossa spider sitting in it's box from years ago!

Not tempted by the Senna MP4/4 then Stevie? BigGrin

Back to topic.. I think a nice bit of leather would be perfect and a great idea.

Spencer

Pilgrim
#6 Posted : 13 February 2014 10:31:20

Don’t intend to turn this forum into an Eaglemoss rant, or a Deagostini love in for that matter, but anyone who has done part works from both companies will know the difference. My DB5 got finished eventually and it’s now proudly on display.......in a box in the garage!
steviecav
#7 Posted : 13 February 2014 13:59:12

Warthog wrote:
steviecav wrote:

Not tempted by the Senna MP4/4 then Stevie? BigGrin

Back to topic.. I think a nice bit of leather would be perfect and a great idea.

Spencer

I am tempted by all of them! I have seen a Toyota gt2000 part build somewhere. I would love to do that. And the spitfire. And the Mitsubishi Zero. And so on and so on.
Dennis
#8 Posted : 23 February 2014 14:02:54

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Jase,

I have a colour illustration of the D51 cab/back head. That shows both seats will a dark/royal blue covering probably fabric.
The material is even tacked into place around the base as if attached to a wooden frame. Doubt if the covers retained that colour for long in use!
Also a side view of the outside of the loco provides a glimpse of the same blue.
Regards
Dennis
Tomick
#9 Posted : 23 February 2014 14:34:34

Groups:

Its likely to have differed from loco to loco and may have been changed a number of times over time as these images show..
Tomick attached the following image(s):
Cab 3.jpg
Cab 1.jpg
Dennis
#10 Posted : 23 February 2014 14:45:15

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Tomick,
Yes no doubt especially with the covers tacked in place.
However the larger of your two images shows similar blue covers to my illustration.
Regards
Dennis
Tomick
#11 Posted : 27 February 2014 11:22:29

Groups:

Another more weathered backhead image..
Tomick attached the following image(s):
IMG_5299.JPG
jase
#12 Posted : 27 February 2014 13:38:18

Looks to me like they start out as black leather then have covers added. As always this is going to be down to model builder preference. The blue will be a nice contrast to all the black, so I might go with that.

Jase
-Mark Twain