Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Daffy's rescued Cutty Sark Options
daffy09
#1 Posted : 09 March 2014 19:08:13

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Shipmates everywhere,
I've just come into possession of a rather dilapidated unfinished build of Cutty Sark.
It was a part-work by Del Prado and it's come to me via a friend of my partner. Her husband had bought the complete set and built it as far as the hull but had given up on it. They were having a tidy up in their spare bedroom when it came to light again. He was about to consign it to the bin, but she mentioned my interest in the hobby so very kindly passed it on to me.
I am pleased to accept it but will not start on her yet as I still have my HMS Victory to finish and the Victory cross section so can't imagine starting a rebuild log in the near future so when I'm ready to give it my full attention, I'll open a new thread for it, so keep watching this space...
Happy building
David
daffy09 attached the following image(s):
IMG_5152 (Small) (2).JPG
IMG_5153 (Small).JPG
IMG_5154 (Small).JPG
IMG_5155 (Small).JPG
IMG_5156 (Small).JPG
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 09 March 2014 20:43:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi David
I have the feeling she looks worse than she actualy is, best of luck with her
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#3 Posted : 09 March 2014 22:28:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Good luck on the renovation David, will be following your progress..Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
stevie_o
#4 Posted : 10 March 2014 09:51:27

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Im sure you will do a fab job on this David gong by the quality of the Sultan build.
Id love to take on a resto project, there is something very worthwhile about creating a beautiful ship from something abandoned and forgotten.
Steve