Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Engine stand Options
sophie2012
#1 Posted : 13 March 2014 19:39:36

Groups: Registered

i guess i am eventually going to be one of the builders with the kit engine outside of the aircraft and the working engine on the airframe

any ideas how to display the lovely detailed labour of blood and tears and sweat lol
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 13 March 2014 20:03:32

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Sophie
I havent come across any references/ pictures to a stand but I would think it would be based or very much alike the mounting rods that fix the engine to the aircraft.
Of course if anyone else has a reference they would like to share I would be interested too.
Regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

experten
#3 Posted : 14 March 2014 15:54:26

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

I'd love to get my hands on one of the stands. My wife thinks I should also have the working engine in the model, and have the detailed one next to it, so people can pick it up, and look at it... Oh, HELL NO!!
Tired, Old, and Cranky!
jase
#4 Posted : 14 March 2014 20:07:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Here is a scratch built one in plastic. I recon you could scale that up in wood and it would look pretty authentic WW2 looking

http://www.h3.dion.ne.jp...i/e-build-fm_zero06.htm

And here is one on display in a museum I quite like this idea as you can get an uninterrupted view.

http://www.warbirdphotog...Zero-SakaeEngine-40s.jpg
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain