Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

entry ports revisited Options
doremi495
#1 Posted : 01 July 2010 15:48:04

Groups: Registered

I know this is going to stir things up, but here goes: I had a Mr Spock moment this morning. As people on this forum seem to agree, Victory had entry ports BEFORE the 1803 refit. They also agree that Victory had entry ports AFTER the 1815 refit. So isn't logical to assume that she had entry ports 1803-1815? Or I am missing something here? Confused Confused Confused
Dave H

Current builds :- Hachette 1/16 Tiger Tank
H.M.S Victory, Santisima Trinidad (Section), 1/8 scale Aston Martin DB5, 1/8 scale McLaren, YNWA
jeff averre
#2 Posted : 20 July 2010 23:13:35

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

There's been a great deal of discussion about the historical accuracy of this build and modifications that could or should be carried out. looking at the posts there are many differences between the 'Portsmouth' Victory and the 'Trafalgar' version.
Am I right in believing that this model is based on 'Portsmouth', if so I will be using all the photographic evidence I have to get it as near as possible to the ship in dry dock as there don't appear to be many photo's of it in Nelson's time! (thought Nelson or Hardy would have taken a few 'snaps'). The last time I saw Victory was in the 'seventies' and thought it was the most beautifull ship ever built, I just hope I can replicate some of that beauty.

Happy building folks!LOL LOL BigGrin