Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Stuka JU87 by Hachette Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 16 April 2014 16:55:01

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All,BigGrin

I`ve picked up today a complete collection of the Hachette Stuka JU87.

This kit looks amazing, all the main air frame is brass with alloy plating.
There are some plastic parts, mainly things like wing tips and the like and the glass parts.

Google translate is going to get a serious workout as all the info for the build is in German.

I will start a build diary as and when I start this build, but it won`t be for a while yet as I`ve got a lot on at the moment.

Watch this space Laugh

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

stevie_o
#2 Posted : 16 April 2014 16:58:38

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

delboy271155
#3 Posted : 16 April 2014 17:12:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

stevie_o wrote:
Nice one Del, it looks a fantastic partwork and not many seem to be completed either. Good luck with the translation tooBigGrin
Steve

Hi Steve, BigGrin

I`ll do my best to see this through as I`ve got all the parts and won`t have any delivery issues.

As for the translation, I had a go at some Polish instructions for a card build the other day. If you use "Google Translate", all you have to do is type in what you want translated in English type and it does the rest.

Here`s to the Stuka build when it starts. BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

DJS
#4 Posted : 16 April 2014 17:29:54

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Derek.

I have seen some build diaries of this model and also lots of posts on UK forums as to why has it not been released in the UK.

It does indeed look a fantastic model, maybe it will be time to invest in a quality etch bending tool as well.

So sat here slightly envious of the fact you have this, and really looking forwards to when you start it.

Dave
arpurchase
#5 Posted : 16 April 2014 18:06:05

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Del
Nice buy, its been on my wish list for ages and will look forward to the build when you get going
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

delboy271155
#6 Posted : 16 April 2014 18:49:58

DJS wrote:
Hi Derek.

I have seen some build diaries of this model and also lots of posts on UK forums as to why has it not been released in the UK.

It does indeed look a fantastic model, maybe it will be time to invest in a quality etch bending tool as well.

So sat here slightly envious of the fact you have this, and really looking forwards to when you start it.

Dave

Hi Dave,BigGrin

Will never understand why it`s not been released here, it looks like a great kit.

As for the etch bending tool, I recently purchased the "small shop 5.5" etch bender and it`s gonna get some serious use.

No idea when a start date will be, sorry.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

delboy271155
#7 Posted : 16 April 2014 18:56:19

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Hi Del
Nice buy, its been on my wish list for ages and will look forward to the build when you get going
regards
AndyCool

Hi Andy, BigGrin

This kit is available on ebay, but expensive and may also incur import duty as an added cost. As previously stated, don`t have a start date yet.

I have a lot of things on the go at the moment, but in the little spare time I get I`ll be translating the instructions so you never know.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

spikee
#8 Posted : 16 April 2014 21:54:21

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

delboy271155 wrote:

Hi Dave,BigGrin

Will never understand why it`s not been released here, it looks like a great kit.

As for the etch bending tool, I recently purchased the "small shop 5.5" etch bender and it`s gonna get some serious use.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Hi Delboy
I emailed Hachette as to why it wasnt going to be released here in the UK as it is a fantastic model.I was told that it wasnt 'pc',eg it dropped bombs on us in the war.
Strange that they released the Bismarck then!
So it looks like it will not appear over here sadly.
Jon
delboy271155
#9 Posted : 17 April 2014 20:08:20

spikee wrote:
delboy271155 wrote:

Hi Dave,BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Hi Delboy
I emailed Hachette as to why it wasnt going to be released here in the UK as it is a fantastic model.I was told that it wasnt 'pc',eg it dropped bombs on us in the war.

Hi Spikee, BigGrin

I`m afraid the "pc" bit sometimes takes a strange turn and there`s no explaining it, but if you want one of these they are available on ebay from Germany (so not that pc) but be warned the one I`ve seen is £665 + £35 p/p, that`s not far off the normal retail price, still a saving but not massive. so all I can say is keep your eyes on ebay and you never know what may come upBlink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

spikee
#10 Posted : 17 April 2014 21:44:20

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

delboy271155 wrote:
spikee wrote:
delboy271155 wrote:

Hi Dave,BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Hi Delboy

Hi Spikee, BigGrin

I`m afraid the "pc" bit sometimes takes a strange turn and there`s no explaining it, but if you want one of these they are available on ebay from Germany (so not that pc) but be warned the one I`ve seen is £665 + £35 p/p, that`s not far off the normal retail price, still a saving but not massive. so all I can say is keep your eyes on ebay and you never know what may come upBlink

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Hi Derick
Thanks for the info,and no I will never understand 'pc'.
Yes I really would like the 1/16 Stuka very much.It does look fantastic.
The only ones Ive seen on Ebay have been WELL over £700+.So will have to save the pennies and see.Fingers crossed
Jon
delboy271155
#11 Posted : 17 April 2014 22:09:04

spikee wrote:
delboy271155 wrote:
spikee wrote:
delboy271155 wrote:

Hi Dave,BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Hi Delboy

Hi Spikee, BigGrin

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Hi Derick
Thanks for the info,and no I will never understand 'pc'.
Yes I really would like the 1/16 Stuka very much.It does look fantastic.
The only ones Ive seen on Ebay have been WELL over £700+.So will have to save the pennies and see.Fingers crossed

Ok best of luck

Regards
Derek

Warthog
#12 Posted : 19 April 2014 09:15:12

Groups: registriert, Registered

Hi Del,

Look forward to this BigGrin . I paid a visit to the RAF museum Hendon yesterday and got a few shots of the Stuka. I can resize them for the forum but if you need/want them full size, PM me your email and I'll send them. Not many and only exterior shots but might come in useful.

Spencer