Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Hello Options
upbnsfrrfan
#1 Posted : 02 May 2014 04:57:04

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hi guys, new to the forum BigGrin. Always love trains Love ever since I was a kid so when I saw this kit on my facebook page(suggested), I did not hesitate in getting the 12 month subscription Cool Can't wait to get my first set of parts. Just have a few question though. As far as the subscription is concern, will they automatically send you the next stage every month and since the model is 1/24 scale it will sit on a regular LGB track right? Or is it gauge only on the display track that's gonna be provided? Thanks.

Larry
swordfish fairey
#2 Posted : 02 May 2014 11:44:52

Groups:

Hi Larry and a very warm welcome to the build....I am also fairly new to this type of build but I have been modelling for over 50 years.....I have just had my 3rd issue of parts and they do send them automatically every month, so I presume yours should be similar........Not too sure about using LGB track as the Japanese gauge is only 3'6" in real life.....Have you seen this?? https://www.google.co.uk...p;bvm=bv.65788261,d.d2k

Have fun with it................Tony
experten
#3 Posted : 02 May 2014 16:01:09

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

Hi Larry,

I am also not sure about the gauge being comparable with LGB. However, based having seen the prototype at the iHobby show, i'm not sure you'd want to. The "live action" would not display. The motor in contained in the base, and this is what drives the wheels. The track provided in the issues has rollers built into it that allow the wheels to rotate, and the linkages to move. You'd lose all that with LGB track.

You will indeed receive your subscription on a monthly basis. One VERY nice thing the US side does id provide a extremely well printed assembly manual. I started my sub a year or so ago, and am getting it from the UK. It take a while to get to me here in Reno, as a friend receives it, and then reposts it. The UK subscribers get to download the instructions. The US printed ones have a much higher resolution, which for old eyes, it quite nice!

Enjoy your build, and if you have any problems, please don't hesitate to contact me. I have the pleasure of serving as the US support member.
Tired, Old, and Cranky!
upbnsfrrfan
#4 Posted : 02 May 2014 18:33:52

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. In regards to the LGB track, the only reason I'm asking is for display purposes only as I have a case with an LGB track already installed and I'm just using it as a resting place for the locomotive as the build progresses BigGrin and apparently use it to display the completed model besides the rolling display track that's gonna come with it. Basically my question is, is the rolling display track the same width or gauge as a regular LGB track? Thanks.

Larry
arpurchase
#5 Posted : 02 May 2014 21:09:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi upbnsfrrfan
Welcome to the Forum and enjoy your build
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

stevie_o
#6 Posted : 03 May 2014 00:41:59

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal