Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
scottww86 build and splashes of carbon! Options
SennaMentalMe
#21 Posted : 28 November 2011 10:43:27

Groups:

scottww86 wrote:
Hi guys.

My little man been sleeping very well to be honest Kev! Only wakes up once (fingers crossed!!!) during the night so it's not bad at at all. My mrs says he wakes up more when I'm away at work but I don't believe her! Lol. He Impressed me today by smiling at the mclaren drivers on tv but started crying when red bulls appeared!! Teach 'em young eh!! Haha.

BigGrin Ah bless him !! Glad for you that he is a good sleeper Scott and that he has such a good eye for talent ??
So which name have you given him .... Ayrton, Jenson or Lewis ?? LOL LOL
Oh and don't forget to order that go kart before his 2nd birthday, you need to start 'em young if they want to get to F1 !! LOL LOL

BigGrin Kev.
scottww86
#22 Posted : 28 March 2012 03:57:18

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Well, I think it's fair to say its been a while since I've updated this and to be honest, up until came away on a ship working I hadn't really done much!! Four weeks of nothin but ocean gives you the kick up the rear needed to get back in the game so here we are! Since I've sailed I've managed to manage to complete the rear suspension carbon graphics and laquer. I'm very happy with the results!! Took my time doing it and now I'm thinking "should I do the rear brake ducts and hubs?" guess I'll see what happens! Front suspension still needs changing from the old plain weave scale Motorsport graphics I used although I have changed the front pushrods (yet to be lacquered). I'll keep pressing on and maybe another update when I get home and get all the parts waiting for me!! Let me know what you think guys!

Cheers

Scott
If at first you don't succeed........skydiving is not for you!
scottww86
#23 Posted : 28 March 2012 03:59:27

Oh no!!! I'm currently in the US and it won't let me upload pics from my iPhone! I'll work on it and get pics up ASAP!!
scottww86
#24 Posted : 28 March 2012 04:05:55

scottww86 wrote:
Well, I think it's fair to say its been a while since I've updated this and to be honest, up until came away on a ship working I hadn't really done much!! Four weeks of nothin but ocean gives you the kick up the rear needed to get back in the game so here we are! Since I've sailed I've managed to manage to complete the rear suspension carbon graphics and laquer. I'm very happy with the results!! Took my time doing it and now I'm thinking "should I do the rear brake ducts and hubs?" guess I'll see what happens! Front suspension still needs changing from the old plain weave scale Motorsport graphics I used although I have changed the front pushrods (yet to be lacquered). I'll keep pressing on and maybe another update when I get home and get all the parts waiting for me!! Let me know what you think guys!

Cheers

Scott

Hi Kev, been a while for a reply but I got here in the end! Lol. My little man is 7 months next week and he can handle his baby walker with absolute precision!! Go kart will be next on the cards, even have a local track again now so we will be there soon! Lol.

Scott
scottww86
#25 Posted : 22 April 2012 18:40:53

well, im back!! now ive got my laptop hooked up to the world i can finally upload pics!! here they are!
scottww86 attached the following image(s):
IMG_0976.JPG
IMG_0977.JPG
IMG_0978.JPG
IMG_0979.JPG
IMG_0981.JPG
IMG_0973.JPG
IMG_0975.JPG
Warthog
#26 Posted : 22 April 2012 19:56:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Looking bloody good Scott and welcome back ThumpUp
scottww86
#27 Posted : 30 October 2013 22:49:20

well, since my last post my car has been on a bit of an adventure, meaning ive only just got it back!! its been on a return voyage to the US and its also had a round the world cruise stopping in japan for a few months. during the time i was on the ships with it ive managed to completely strip and rebuild the front suspension with new decals and also the front hubs, brake ducts and brakes have had decals added and have been fitted.
not all was plain sailing though (no pun intended) as returning to my cabin in the middle of a force 12 hurricane, i found the box containing my model sliding across my cabin bouncing off everything in sight! its given me th opportunity to rebuild the rear wing and a few other bits and correct decals id made earlier. onwards and upwards!! heres a couple of pics............
scottww86 attached the following image(s):
IMG_3794.JPG
IMG_3771.JPG
IMG_3769.JPG
IMG_3768.JPG
Warthog
#28 Posted : 30 October 2013 23:34:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Hey Scott and welcome back again mate! Your a brave man doing this on your travels Blink nearly there though and looking good as always Cool

Spence
scottww86
#29 Posted : 13 May 2014 13:49:52

Cheers spencer.

I've made no progress since this post at all as I left the model on ship when I left again. Back here now for a little while so I've got it out and going to have a bash at finishing it before the wife realises them boxes coming through the post with mp4-4 parts are a different model!! Glare

Now I've got it out I am somehow missing a couple of parts which is a nightmare! Can't find them anywhere and can't understand where they have got to!

One of the parts is the top camera which was attached to the top of the car and also the panel from the left hand side of the car that is screwed to the main cowling. (I'll post a pic to show!) if anyone has any spare parts going id be grateful if they were up for sale! BigGrin

Cheers

Scott
File Attachment(s):
image.jpg (1,271kb) downloaded 58 time(s).