Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Revell "EasyKit" Millennium Falcon Options
Warthog
#1 Posted : 17 June 2013 19:16:59

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Here is my build Diary of the Revell "easykit".... But I don't do "easy" so decided to prime and add a bit of my own weathering...
1st couple of pictures show what Revell did to this!!!
The other pictures show the "before" and "during" weathering after priming but it's taking time to perfect so updates will come along once in a while.. Appologies for the rubbish photo's as I had to use my Phone camera as unwanted guests took my SLR...Mad (thats a camera not a McLaren)BigGrin

Warthog attached the following image(s):
Img_2010.jpg
Img_2017.jpg
Img_2011.jpg
Img_2032.jpg
Img_2034.jpg
Img_2033.jpg
Apache
#2 Posted : 17 June 2013 22:26:29

Groups:

I've seen a few of these kits over in my local model shop.

A very good way to get new younger(and older modellers involved in our hobby) Also a good way to while a way an hour or two.

Warthog
#3 Posted : 12 April 2014 12:15:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Not a big update as been busy with other things but my son wants to know when its finished so he can take it home Glare

I will be doing another build on how to achieve the weathering effects. Some may say that it's overkill on this kit but each to there own and I'm not trying to recreate a "True" Copy from the films but enjoy the pics.

Spencer
Warthog attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
stevie_o
#4 Posted : 12 April 2014 12:39:08

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Warthog
#5 Posted : 12 April 2014 12:42:19

Hi Steve and thanks for your kind comment BigGrin More to come as it progress BigGrin

Spencer
jase
#6 Posted : 12 April 2014 16:15:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice, are you going to display it stood on a giant tongue?
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
snowtiger
#7 Posted : 15 June 2014 01:28:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Love what you have done with the falcon Spencer Cool ...and i totally agree with you on the adding your own touch to a model..Thumbs up from me on this one ThumpUp

...John
davetwin
#8 Posted : 15 June 2014 01:48:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Overkill or not that weathering looks damn fine to me, great job
Warthog
#9 Posted : 15 June 2014 11:45:06

snowtiger wrote:
Love what you have done with the falcon Spencer Cool ...and i totally agree with you on the adding your own touch to a model..Thumbs up from me on this one ThumpUp

...John

Thanks for the kind comments John BigGrin are you a bit of a scifi fan yourself?

Spencer
Warthog
#10 Posted : 15 June 2014 11:46:36

davetwin wrote:
Overkill or not that weathering looks damn fine to me, great job

Cheers Dave, the fastest hunk of junk has been through a lot LOL I just need to finish it BigGrin

Spencer
snowtiger
#11 Posted : 19 June 2014 19:30:36

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Spencer yep i'm a bit of a sci-fi fan..well a lot of a fan really ThumpUp
dandare
#12 Posted : 19 June 2014 20:08:09

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

don't know how you do it! she looks sweet

regards
Dan
Built - MP4/23, Zero, Deagostini Falcon, Model Airways 1903 Wright Flyer, Senna Mp4/4.
Working - Mclaren M23 1/8th scale to complement the Deagostini MP4/23 & Mp4/4
on the bench, Model Airways Sopwith Camel.
Warthog
#13 Posted : 20 June 2014 22:25:10

snowtiger wrote:

Same here and have sooo many kits in my stash that need to show an appearance sometime BigGrin

Spencer
Warthog
#14 Posted : 20 June 2014 22:26:39

dandare wrote:
don't know how you do it! she looks sweet

regards
Dan

Patience and a bit of creativity Dan but going by the superb work your doing on your Zero you shouldn't have any problems making it look the part..

Spencer
dandare
#15 Posted : 21 June 2014 21:54:51

Outstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

no where near your experience level Spence (if there was a smiley for bowing down at your feet, it would be shown)
playing around with some tester models to try and achieve 1% of your immaculate builds.
envy is huge!
getting loads of ideas from this forum that helps me a lot
stealing loads of ideas from the forum.
a few different models on the shelf that im looking forward to building and sharing along the way

regards
Dan
Built - MP4/23, Zero, Deagostini Falcon, Model Airways 1903 Wright Flyer, Senna Mp4/4.
Working - Mclaren M23 1/8th scale to complement the Deagostini MP4/23 & Mp4/4
on the bench, Model Airways Sopwith Camel.
snowtiger
#16 Posted : 22 June 2014 02:01:10

Warthog wrote:
snowtiger wrote:

Same here and have sooo many kits in my stash that need to show an appearance sometime BigGrin

Spencer

Well i have not got any plastic models to start or i would stick them on here..i have 2 paper models 1 i have got half way with the uss sulaco when you have nearly 1300 paper pieces it is very slow going..and the other is a police spinner it's a decent one with plenty of detail

...JohnBigGrin
Warthog
#17 Posted : 22 June 2014 14:34:10

dandare wrote:
no where near your experience level Spence (if there was a smiley for bowing down at your feet, it would be shown)
playing around with some tester models to try and achieve 1% of your immaculate builds.
envy is huge!
getting loads of ideas from this forum that helps me a lot
stealing loads of ideas from the forum.
a few different models on the shelf that im looking forward to building and sharing along the way

regards
Dan

High praise indeed Dan and I'm humbled to say the least...Blushing this forum has so much talent and there are builders that amaze me with their works of art that even I would shy from attempting, not to say that I wont be doing a ship build one day that is! With all the knowledge of our members here on MS at least I know I will be in safe hands when that time comes BigGrin

Spencer
Warthog
#18 Posted : 22 June 2014 14:35:59

snowtiger wrote:
Warthog wrote:
snowtiger wrote:

Spencer

Well i have not got any plastic models to start or i would stick them on here..i have 2 paper models 1 i have got half way with the uss sulaco when you have nearly 1300 paper pieces it is very slow going..and the other is a police spinner it's a decent one with plenty of detail

...JohnBigGrin

Being a massive Alien fan myself, I for one would love to see your Sulaco build appear on MS John Drool

Spencer
LrdSatyr8
#19 Posted : 30 March 2015 17:16:29

One of these kits has been sitting at my local Walmart for the past few months and I keep passing it by. Just can't justify paying $60 for a snap-together prepainted falcon that's not as big at the original AMT. Just not too sure about it. The image on the box makes it look as if all the panels are painted grey. No red panels at all on the box cover. I think that's another turn off for me. But I am watching your build thou. What do you think of it so far?
Impatience
#20 Posted : 23 April 2015 03:58:32

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

I just bought the big Millennium Falcon from Model Space and seeing everyones extra work I thought, "Hey, why don't I practice on some cheaper models", then found this page! Might be time to visit the local hobbies store and pick up some tools of the trade, then pick up few Revel snap models to see if I can learn some skills. Keep the pictures and tips coming!!! Love what you have done so far!
Current Build: Millennium Falcon
Wish List: Lamborghini Countach LP 500S, Red Bull Racing RB7