Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Tankfest 2014 - report from Bovington Options
delboy271155
#1 Posted : 29 June 2014 19:20:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

Had a very early start to a long day.

Give or take, we had a 3.5 Hr journey each way. Crying

Weather on the way, involved just a few showers. So we were hopeful of a good day and as you`ll see by the pics to follow we weren`t let down.

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Homeward trip, well MONSOON would be the best way of putting it, but at that point we didn`t care. Flapper Flapper Flapper

So, to Tankfest 2014

I am just going to post a selection of pics for you to view, in three sections.

First some inside pics,
then the main arena event (most pics)
Followed by the guys from Armortek Drool Drool Drool

Indoors:Pics 1-5

There`s your taster of the museum exhibits, but the Tankfest main event happens in the outdoor arena. A larger selection here, but still only a small selection as the event continues all day, except for just over an hour for lunch. Plenty of choice here as well.

Outdoors:Pic 6

There is a raft of other exhibits to see in the vast outdoor area, but I want to leave something for your imagination, pending a possible visit.

The main event:Pics 7-19

Now at this point, I want to say sorry for two things:

First, A lack of notation with pics: Caused by too much going on at the same time, whilst also trying hard to master a camera that all be it second hand, was very new too me. Confused

Second, I really wish I could bring too you the noises, smells and atmosphere that is generated at this event. Cool Cool.

Now, before I post a few pics of my favorite part and leave you too view the pics at your leisure, a word of WARNING:

There are some very loud and sudden explosions at any time in the proceedings, so don`t drink Guinness and have a Curry the night before.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

So with the normal bits done:

My BEST bit.

It`s ARMOTEK time.Pics 20-26

The pics say it all. (cheapest, about £4000)

Well, sorry if that was too long, but it is a massive show.

The Armortek RC models are 1:6 scale, they have smoke generators,sound effects of gun fire and a German Half-Track full of German soldiers, fired rifles at me and told me to get off the street in German. Crying

Hence no picture, LOL LOL LOL

Hope you have enjoyed this report and I can fully recommend this as a day out, but if you have to travel a long distance the event is on for two days. So book a stop over and you might just see it all in two days.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
delboy271155 attached the following image(s):
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
armortek1_zps24ce0244.jpg
armortek2_zps2343f9b4.jpg
armortek3_zpsdfd12e02.jpg
armortek4_zpsdebec255.jpg
armortek5_zps0176b584.jpg
armortek6_zpse7a2a0e6.jpg
armortek7_zpsb5eda6d9.jpg
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

arpurchase
#2 Posted : 29 June 2014 20:24:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi Del
Looks like you had a great day out, thanks for sharing
Regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

stevie_o
#3 Posted : 29 June 2014 20:53:44

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Tomick
#4 Posted : 29 June 2014 21:21:07

Groups:

Great pic's del, and thanks for sharing ThumpUp
jase
#5 Posted : 30 June 2014 07:15:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Love Bovington, The Kublewagen is new since my last visit, or I don't recall it anyhow - could be age LOL LOL

Great model pics too Cool

J
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
delboy271155
#6 Posted : 30 June 2014 20:52:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi All, BigGrin

Thanks to all above for the kind comments. Cool

Next event I hope to attend is the "Flying Legends" at Duxford.

That`s work, funds and SWMBO all giving it the thumbs up.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"