Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Life Boat Rigging Options
riff-raff
#1 Posted : 09 August 2010 16:56:13

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Is anyone planning on rigging the life boat? I would like to but I'm not really sure where to start.

If anyone has then could you please post pictures.

Thanks

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Built:
Golden Star, English Brig. RMS Titanic. (Academy 1/400 Centenary Anniversary Edition) Revell-Monogram 1/48 B-29 Superfortress 1:8 Baron von Richthofen's Fokker Tri-plane. HMS Victory. Nelsons Flag Ship. Sultan Arab Dhow. Artesania Latina Carmen II. The Battleship Yamato. Model Airways Wright Flyer 1:16 Scale. Trumpeter Bismarck 1/200. HMS Sovereign of the Seas. The Black Pearl.

Building:HMS Surprisel. Hatchette U96. Soleil Royal.
karl1113
#2 Posted : 09 August 2010 17:10:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

riff-raff keep watching karl's mystery build,i will be rigging victory's launch soon.
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Zeptrader
#3 Posted : 09 August 2010 17:59:01

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

And I plan to do it on the small boat, not much in the way of ref material but I'll do what I think is right.
Mike Turpin
#4 Posted : 09 August 2010 18:49:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month

Hi Riff Raff

This is a picture of a replica 25ft cutter showing its rig. I imagine that Victory's 34ft launch would have a similar simple rig.

BTW Can I just add that the concept of lifeboats came much later than the Georgian Navy. Ships had boats for ferrying stores or men between the ship and the shore or for visiting other ships. The total capacity was nowhere near enough to rescue the crew if the ship was sinking. Typically a ship would have a launch and one or more cutters. In addition Victory carried a barge because as a flag ship, the Admiral needed his own barge.

Welcome to the forum and let us see some photos once you have sorted your rigging for the launch

Cheers

Mike T