Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Experten's Zero build Options
arpurchase
#21 Posted : 22 June 2014 09:31:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi All
When the Zero was introduced to JIN service a great many of there Aircraft Carriers had been built to accommodate the aircraft being used at the time of building. So it was found that just having the wing tips folding up would allow the Zero to be used in any Aircraft Carrier then in service with a minimum of retooling and rework on the airframe.
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

experten
#22 Posted : 06 July 2014 06:26:50

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

Well, my Zero is bound for the Pacific Aviation Museum. The museum is located on Ford Island, in Pearl Harbor. I'm providing the complete display. All they have to do is provide the weight in the bottom of the pedestal.

It's gonna be cool!
Tired, Old, and Cranky!
arpurchase
#23 Posted : 06 July 2014 11:09:57

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi Mark

Looks like your Zero is going to a nice home, how about some pic's of the finished model as I and all the forum members would like to see the results of your endeavour's

Regards

Andy Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

experten
#24 Posted : 06 July 2014 17:01:00

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Official Builds

Hi Andy,

As soon as I wrap up all the small stuff, I'll put up pics. I'm redoing a bit of stuff that I'm not quite happy with. A lot of it is caused by the odd build sequence.

Mark
Tired, Old, and Cranky!