Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

1/72 Fine Molds Milenium Falcon Options
davetwin
#1 Posted : 10 July 2014 09:00:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

To satisfy my Millenium Falcon urge until the DeAgostini behemoth arrives I have just purchased the Fine Molds 1/72 Millenium Falcon kit Drool

For those that are unaware of this kit it can be seen here. Photo etch and lighting also ordered from Starship Modler. BigGrin BigGrin

My stash is really starting to grow now, I starting to wonder when I will get time to build them all Blink

Warthog
#2 Posted : 10 July 2014 09:46:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Certainly picked up a great kit Dave and not sure if they will be available anymore now that Bandai have the licence to Star Wars.. There is no mention as yet of the Falcon from Bandai apart from some new stuff.

What was the import duties on your purchase if you don't mind me asking as many have looked at the price which is good but don't want to get stung on TAX.

Regards

Spencer
davetwin
#3 Posted : 10 July 2014 10:00:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Warthog wrote:

Certainly picked up a great kit Dave and not sure if they will be available anymore now that Bandai have the licence to Star Wars.. There is no mention as yet of the Falcon from Bandai apart from some new stuff.

What was the import duties on your purchase if you don't mind me asking as many have looked at the price which is good but don't want to get stung on TAX.

Regards

Spencer

I have used Hobbylink Japan on a few different occasions now and am yet to be charged any VAT or import fees.

I only ordered this last night so will post an update here when it arrives

EDIT: I have had a qick look around the web to see if I could find anymore information. I found a website called dutycalculator.com, according to this site a VAT charge of £23.38 would be applicable on this.
darbyvet
#4 Posted : 10 July 2014 18:41:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I just bought this too. I have spent the past 3 days looking over it.Really nice kit.I also found some youtube videos of weathering/painting etc..
This will be a long build.Saving it for the winter
Warthog
#5 Posted : 10 July 2014 19:27:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

davetwin wrote:
Warthog wrote:

Regards

Spencer

I have used Hobbylink Japan on a few different occasions now and am yet to be charged any VAT or import fees.

I only ordered this last night so will post an update here when it arrives

EDIT: I have had a qick look around the web to see if I could find anymore information. I found a website called dutycalculator.com, according to this site a VAT charge of £23.38 would be applicable on this.

Thanks for the Info Dave BigGrin £23 is not so bad is it!

Spencer
Warthog
#6 Posted : 10 July 2014 19:30:20

darbyvet wrote:
I just bought this too. I have spent the past 3 days looking over it.Really nice kit.I also found some youtube videos of weathering/painting etc..

There are loads of good videos and info available on the Net and a reference guide has been put up to assist those making any Falcon...

http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=11745

Spencer
davetwin
#7 Posted : 10 July 2014 19:53:51

Warthog wrote:
darbyvet wrote:

There are loads of good videos and info available on the Net and a reference guide has been put up to assist those making any Falcon...

Spencer

Very useful resource indeed, this was where i started for ordering the photoetch and lighting kit Wink

With the postage and VAT this is still cheaper than the cheapest UK seller I could find. Some sellers are charging stupid money for them Angry
davetwin
#8 Posted : 10 July 2014 20:01:30

Warthog wrote:
darbyvet wrote:

Spencer

In myy searches today I came across some items on shapeways that would be worth adding to the reference pages.

http://www.shapeways.com...rch?q=millennium+falcon

I have just ordered their Fine Molds Quad Laser to see what its like
Warthog
#9 Posted : 10 July 2014 20:21:38

Nice find Dave and added to the list BigGrin

Spencer