Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Is this modelspace or B&Q? Options
Tomick
#21 Posted : 12 July 2014 09:39:59

Groups:

For now, as long as the Spam is removed is the priority all that matters, and as already informed to you (both in the forum and via PM), the matter will be resolved.
budgie
#22 Posted : 12 July 2014 12:08:42

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Bored Can these adverts be classed as spam??

Looks to me like those ADVERTISERS sign up like you and i to join modelspace providing their personal details etc

Once registered they can post whatever they like just like you and i can

I am not too pc literate but only way i can think off to prevent all these posts of adverts is to put a ban on anyone signing up to modelspace between the hours of say midnight till 0600
LOL or employing a night watchman to monitor the posts

But of course that would be unfair to genuine modellers especialy in different parts of the world in a different time zone

Then again they can sign up during the day then post their adverts later

Crying Head hurts now Laugh glad its not my problem

Gandale
#23 Posted : 12 July 2014 12:24:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

An almost impossible problem to resolve. I'm just happy to know and see these posts removed in a timely manner by the administrators so well done to them.... I'm sure the admin team have much better things to do with their time....

Regards

Alan
Warthog
#24 Posted : 12 July 2014 12:25:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Gandale wrote:
An almost impossible problem to resolve. I'm just happy to know and see these posts removed in a timely manner by the administrators so well done to them.... I'm sure the admin team have much better things to do with their time....

Regards

Alan

Your telling me! LOL LOL
Tomick
#25 Posted : 12 July 2014 12:37:34

Groups:

budgie wrote:
Bored Can these adverts be classed as spam??

Looks to me like those ADVERTISERS sign up like you and i to join modelspace providing their personal details etc

Once registered they can post whatever they like just like you and i can

I am not too pc literate but only way i can think off to prevent all these posts of adverts is to put a ban on anyone signing up to modelspace between the hours of say midnight till 0600
LOL or employing a night watchman to monitor the posts

But of course that would be unfair to genuine modellers especialy in different parts of the world in a different time zone

Then again they can sign up during the day then post their adverts later

Crying Head hurts now Laugh glad its not my problem

You'd be amazed at how many are picked up before they've even made a Spam post. The difficulty comes in determining a spammer that does not use a spam email ad until he/she has posted.

Can only say that we must be a very popular site to be attracting so many spammers, as they must see MS as having a very large audience, thus the perfect venue to try and promote their illicit wares, but what very sad lives they must lead LOL

birdaj2
#26 Posted : 12 July 2014 12:51:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Interesting views on this topic being shared.

From my own perspective I have flagged a number of posts as spam and they disappear very quickly.

Last Saturday we had someone signed in as Elizabeth ( don't think it was the Queen BigGrin ) that put up three really long post in the victory, SOS and one of the other areas. These all rattled on about the World Cup and then tried to convince me I needed an excelllant new pair of trainers.

Hit the report spam button and within an hour they had gone.

As frustrating as these things are it's best to remember you can ignore them as they soon get deleted.

Happy modelling

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
AndreZS1AZ
#27 Posted : 14 July 2014 16:19:45

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

The spam seems to be removed immediately because I browse the forums often and not seen any spamBigGrin
It's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop

Building: Bismark, 2.5m wingspan glider
Supaheli
#28 Posted : 15 July 2014 06:02:05

This is beyond a joke...
Supaheli
skyfire
#29 Posted : 15 July 2014 06:20:54

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Totally agree Supaheli. Come in to see what people have been doing and there is 12 spam posts. Maybe I should go back to just my forum, at least it is spam free.

Think one way to reduce it, is to block new users from posting in the forum, excpet in one location, then once they have posted they can be added to a trusted group and have freedom of the entire forum. If they spam, they get banned.
Tomick
#30 Posted : 15 July 2014 09:19:40

Groups:

Just to reiterate yet again, this matter is going to be resolved!
jase
#31 Posted : 15 July 2014 13:10:47

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

This is starting to annoy me now – not the spam the flipping moaning about it.

We all know it is a problem - Tomik has said it is recognised and they are working on it – Modelspace wants it gone as much as anybody does!!!

If you select active topics ( top right of your page) you can see all new posts since your last visit and so the Spam that temporarily sits on the site does not prevent you missing anything.

Time to move onMad
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain