Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Ernst Udet WW1 Flying Ace 1:16 Options
delboy271155
#21 Posted : 06 April 2014 18:34:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Spencer, BigGrin

This is looking Cool

I will be watching eagerly as I have just purchased the bust "The Few" and have never painted anything like this before.

Questions: When you applied the primer and base coats, were they sprayed or brush painted. Secondly is "Scotch Brite" similar to "Micro mesh" ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Happy Building

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Warthog
#22 Posted : 06 May 2014 21:00:46

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Thanks guy's for your comments BigGrin

Del., all the primer was airbrushed on and then i used wirewool to remove any imperfections. Scotchbrite is like wirewool to a degree but as far as i know its not made from steel but a polymer. Like your green scourers in your kitchen that don't rustBigGrin Micromesh is a cloth that is very fine on one side and comes in grades of 3000/4000/6000/8000 and 12000 being t he finest. Ideal for aircraft canopies and getting a good glossy finish before adding chrome to a McLaren BigGrin

Been adding different shades and colours to get as close to the box art in what seems to be a green/grey affair.. some smaller details like medals etc to be added then it's time to have ago at the face.. and it's no bigger than my little finger nail! that should be fun thenCrying

Spencer
Warthog attached the following image(s):
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
delboy271155
#23 Posted : 06 May 2014 21:25:43

Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Spencer, BigGrin

Thanks for the info and the update pictures look FAB.

Can`t wait for the detail yet to come. Drool Drool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Warthog
#24 Posted : 06 May 2014 21:51:44

Cheers DerekBigGrin Any more help feel free to ask away.. sorry for the delay in replying to your question btw Blushing

Spencer
arpurchase
#25 Posted : 07 May 2014 07:44:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Looking good SpenceCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Warthog
#26 Posted : 07 May 2014 08:52:19

Hi Andy BigGrin not easy to get right being so small but I'll get thereBigGrin

Spencer
stevie_o
#27 Posted : 07 May 2014 09:24:43

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

skyfire
#28 Posted : 07 May 2014 09:51:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looks good. I will have figures to do soon as part of a Games Workshop Hydra, so it will be fun trying to work out to put them together.
jase
#29 Posted : 07 May 2014 13:31:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

looking great Spence.

Interesting to watch how you are painting this as its almost the opposit to how I do it, not that it makes any differance. Have you decided upon a leaning object yet?

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Warthog
#30 Posted : 07 May 2014 20:48:27

stevie_o wrote:
Nice job Spence, how many layers / washes are on there so far?
Steve

Including the base coat there's only 3 layers of colour added and the rest is blending them and dry brushing Steve.. It's very therapeutic LOL if it goes wrong then it will take longer getting the layers off but hope that does not happenCrying

Thanks for looking in again btw BigGrin

Spencer
Warthog
#31 Posted : 07 May 2014 20:51:38

skyfire wrote:
Looks good. I will have figures to do soon as part of a Games Workshop Hydra, so it will be fun trying to work out to put them together.

I'm actually just starting to get into some of the Games Workshop stuff and they do some stunning plastic kits. I use a lot of the Citadel paints as I find their colour range to be perfect for this..

Spencer
Warthog
#32 Posted : 07 May 2014 20:58:46

jase wrote:
looking great Spence.

Interesting to watch how you are painting this as its almost the opposit to how I do it, not that it makes any differance. Have you decided upon a leaning object yet?

Jase

You put your primer on last? LoL just kidding. To be honest Jase I think that everyone will have there own way of doing things and it's what they feel comfortable with doing and the results they are getting, there's no right or wrong way and that's the beauty of this hobby BigGrin

I've still not decided what I'm going to do but he needs something there to make the end product look right..

Spencer
delboy271155
#33 Posted : 07 May 2014 21:30:11

Hi Spencer, BigGrin

Just recently purchased this set on E-bay

Face/Skin painting set.

Paint Set

Don`t know if it will be any good for future use.

I`ve got the bust "The few" to paint at some point and the good Lady has the "Dante Samurai" bust that I got her to go with the armour.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Warthog
#34 Posted : 07 May 2014 22:36:34

delboy271155 wrote:
Hi Spencer, BigGrin

Face/Skin painting set.

Paint Set

I`ve got the bust "The few" to paint at some point and the good Lady has the "Dante Samurai" bust that I got her to go with the armour.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

I do have that set Derek but decided not to use it on this.. Basically using the same techniques shown on the box of the Vallejo set but decided to use oils Blink wish me luck! LOL

Spencer
delboy271155
#35 Posted : 07 May 2014 22:49:06

Warthog wrote:
delboy271155 wrote:
Hi Spencer, BigGrin

Face/Skin painting set.

Paint Set

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

I do have that set Derek but decided not to use it on this.. Basically using the same techniques shown on the box of the Vallejo set but decided to use oils Blink wish me luck! LOL

Spencer

Hi Spencer, BigGrin

Oils, now that`s different Blink

Only ever used them as a base coat for gold leaf on the SOTS, interesting choice.

Can`t wait to see the end result.

If the end result is as good as the start then, "Bring it on" it should be cracking. Cool

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

Warthog
#36 Posted : 18 May 2014 23:01:21

After not being too happy with Mr Udet's face Blink I decided to remove it and have another go.. still not finished as I need to do the eye's and as you can see how small his (half) head is, it's going to be a challenge Crying

11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
Warthog
#37 Posted : 16 July 2014 22:48:23

Been a long time since my last update and this will be the last (Boo I hear you say LOL ) Ernst is now finished and was a fun little build to do. I think next time i might go for something bigger, maybe 1/4 or 1/2 scale as this was not easy to work on especially the face for an aging specsavers share holder like myself.. Enjoy!

Spencer
111.jpg
222.jpg
333.jpg
Gandale
#38 Posted : 16 July 2014 22:53:01

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking great Spencer, very nice piece to display....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan