Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Heller 1/125 Airbus A380 Build Options
jase
#21 Posted : 16 July 2014 22:21:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Looking superb as always.

How do you intend to glaze it?

Jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Warthog
#22 Posted : 16 July 2014 22:25:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Ah thats a secret LOL apart from my personal stash of Halfords lacquer BigGrin

Thanks for looking in Jase Cool

Spencer
Gandale
#23 Posted : 16 July 2014 22:49:48

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Great work Spencer, a lot of work in the preparation but can already see those efforts paying off.. Am sure the finish will be fab.... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
davetwin
#24 Posted : 16 July 2014 22:53:10

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Warthog wrote:

Hi Dave BigGrin Nope not done anything different so not sure why you can't see the text on the build. Can you see it as a guest I'e not logged in?

Spencer

Sorted, seems somewhere along the line my clubby fingers (I use my Android pad and phone these days instead of my laptop) clicked on your name then hide posts Blushing Blushing LOL
Warthog
#25 Posted : 16 July 2014 22:55:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks for looking in and you comments Alan... It's a nightmare of a build and the pictures don't tell half the story lol.. It's fun to do though and I might even do the Penny picture so all can see how big this is once done.. Half the fun of model making is correcting all the problems BigGrin

Regards

Spencer
Warthog
#26 Posted : 27 July 2014 18:31:13

Another week and another update! BigGrin All the main components where test fitted and more Progess on the main wings with filling and priming. Once this had been done then it was time to start adding some wash to the panel lines etc. Areas masked off and some Alclad Silver given to the flaps and leading edges, this was then given a light coat of white Zero paints primer to dull the Silver into a grey colour. The wings where then given a coat of halfords lacquer to seal the finish so that i could then start giving the wings a light rubbing over with some 4000 grit and getting ready for the wing decals.

Once the wing decals where applied and left to dry for well over 24 hours, 4 coats of halfords lacquer was once again applied with sanding down in beteen coats. This then seals in the Decals and gets it ready for a final buffing later on. Bare metal foil was added to the leading edges.

Warthog attached the following image(s):
1a.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
8.jpg
arpurchase
#27 Posted : 27 July 2014 18:51:14

BigGrin Some really nice work there SpencerCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Warthog
#28 Posted : 27 July 2014 18:57:21

Cheers Andy... she's a beast of a plane and size but enjoying my first Airliner kit very much BigGrin

Spencer
Warthog
#29 Posted : 27 July 2014 18:58:20

First coats of blue to the underside and on the RR Engines BigGrin

5.jpg
7.jpg
6.jpg
birdaj2
#30 Posted : 27 July 2014 19:41:09

Hi Spencer

It's coming along a real treat. Your paint finish is top notch and really impressed with your blue under the nose - that takes really skill to mask into the nice curve you have there.

Look forward to your next update.

Happy modelling

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Warthog
#31 Posted : 28 July 2014 22:09:47

Cheers Tony BigGrin with the right masking tape anything is possible (tamiya) not easy to do the first time but I'm happy with the results so far.

Spencer
davetwin
#32 Posted : 28 July 2014 22:42:44

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Really coming together nicely, great work ThumpUp
stevie_o
#33 Posted : 28 July 2014 23:43:44

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Gandale
#34 Posted : 29 July 2014 00:34:59

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

looking great Spence... would really like to see you take on a ship build, thing you would do a superb job.... Will be watching to see how this finishes as I'm sure it will be superb....

Regards

Alan
Warthog
#35 Posted : 29 July 2014 19:12:37

Thanks again guys for the kind words BigGrin I'm itching to do a ship build Alan Drool just need the time LOL

Spencer
tf64
#36 Posted : 06 August 2014 08:24:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Spencer,
With all the problems you have had with your build, it's looking very good keep posting.
Regards
trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).

Warthog
#37 Posted : 06 August 2014 09:30:21

Hi Trev and thanks for looking in and your comment BigGrin I wish I had more to post but I'm currently sunning it up in Northern Cyprus for 2 weeks BigGrin but plenty to post when I return...

image.jpg
tf64
#38 Posted : 06 August 2014 13:13:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the Month May 2020Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Wow Spencer.!!
Have a great time.
Trev.
Work in progress: Tombstone (Scratch) - San Francisco 2. -The Mayflower ( scratch by plan).