Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Martins' CB750 build diary Options
HondaCB750
#1 Posted : 04 September 2014 12:03:59

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Well here is my first build diary posting on my CB750 . As I previously stated I have the entire kit unbuilt . So I jumped in this morning and completed the first 8 stages as per the online instructions . This basic assembly only took a short time , mainly due to the fit of the quality parts . The only drama I had , was with the instruments . I cannot get the needles to stay in the correct place , as they are too loose and rotate . I will dissamble the guages and carefully glue the backing collar in place . I have included a couple of pics of my CB750 K5 and my 76 CB750P5 nearing completion ., cheers Martin
File Attachment(s):
2011_0828aaa0003.JPG (552kb) downloaded 134 time(s).
DSCF2365 (2).JPG (870kb) downloaded 110 time(s).
CB750 Stage 1.jpg (649kb) downloaded 117 time(s).
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 04 September 2014 12:17:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Martin

Il look forward to your diary, as for pic's most people dont like having to download them as they are above and prefere to have the pictures on view from the start so what I do is down load them to my PC then edit them to 600 x 450/400 Pixels and put them in a folder in Pictures. Then click the 'Attach files box' in the bottom left and then post. What should happen next is you will get a search box where you can add the pics to your dialogue or you can use photo bucket as others do on here.
I cant help with the dials right now but a small amount of glue will probably cure the problem. Hope this help.

Regards

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

arpurchase
#3 Posted : 04 September 2014 16:00:12

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Martin

Your build only shows the first four stages rather than completed to stage 8 that you you mention probably because only Stages 1-4 are shown in the instructions. Further English instructions beyond Stage 4 will not be posted online other than for Subscribers to access via the download site, but you will be able to follow the English instructions via the official build, as it reflects the instructions.

Regards

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

birdaj2
#4 Posted : 04 September 2014 20:35:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Martin

Hope you get a lot of enjoyment from your build.its a real stunner of a model.

I keep sitting here ( when work allows me a few moments) and think how many modellers are out there that are not aware of these fantastic kits,.

My belief is that with better advertising we would see a big take up rate for these subscriptions and that can only make things better long term with lots of new offerings.

Best wishes with your build - take your time because you have something very special you are creating.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
HondaCB750
#5 Posted : 05 September 2014 08:43:47

Hi Tony , I have been an avid motorcyclist for 41 years . I love Honda Fours , and have had a few over the years , and own a 74 and a 76 now . My main ride is a 2014 Indian Chieftain , but I do love my classic rides . I first spotted the Deagostini CB750 quite awhile ago , but I almost gave up , as it seemed destined to be only available in Italian and Japanese . In the end in desperation , I bought the entire 80 part kit from Japan . Costing $2,000.00 Australian . Then I spotted a guy starting the build in Malaysia , showing the first parts in English . I attempted to contact him as well as Deagostini in Malaysia , again to no avail . I then contacted ModelSpace UK , hoping that they could put me in contact with an English speaking Italian to converse with at Deagostini HQ . ModelSpace UK , said hold on as we will be bringing out the kit soon . Great , finally a breakthrough . I have waited patiently for the English instructions . The latest info from ModelSpace UK is this , Quote
[Hi Martin,
We are just waiting for official approval from Honda before we can send out externally. You will literally be the first person to see it!
Many thanks for your patience.
ModelSpace }
I think it is very exciting , that the model is now available in English , with the massive US Market opened up , and many other English speaking countries . The USA consumed the vast majority of Honda CB750's , so I would think it would be an instant success . Thanks for your advise , and I am looking forward to completing this beautiful quality kit.
So at this stage I have used the available steps , but I quickly came to a full stop

birdaj2
#6 Posted : 05 September 2014 09:48:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Martin

I can see from your post that you are a big fan so really pleased you were able to pick up a kit such as this to build.

Bet it will be stunning when finished. I have been so tempted by one of these bike kits but having to watch the pennies I am saving myself to sign up for the Lamborghini which I understand is not that far away now.

Wishing you great success with your build

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
HondaCB750
#7 Posted : 17 September 2014 03:32:16

Hi All , I downloaded assembly guide Pack 2 yesterday , and set about the assembly after I got home from work this morning . Basically you assemble the front forks and install the front blinkers and 4 tappet covers. I noticed that you were advised to use a Tap to cut the threads in the top of the fork assembly , as an alternative to using the self tapping screw to just cut the thread . Great Idea , I will pick up the suggested taps on the week end . My only assembly change , was to cut the thread on said fork tubes before assembly of the steering head . This made the final assembly easier . I am very impressed with the build quality of the parts so far , as everything fits like a glove . BigGrin
File Attachment(s):
CB750 Honda stage 3.jpg (929kb) downloaded 94 time(s).
CB750 Honda stage 4.jpg (899kb) downloaded 88 time(s).
Tomick
#8 Posted : 17 September 2014 08:37:42

Groups:

Nice start and congrat's on your first medal Cool
arpurchase
#9 Posted : 17 September 2014 13:45:30

BigGrin Great start and i agree the fit of the parts is excelentCool

Spal
#10 Posted : 17 September 2014 20:34:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice work Martin, eagerly awaiting mine to arrive BigGrin

Al