Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

10 Pages «<8910
AK's Sovereign Build Options
court orchard
#181 Posted : 23 June 2014 18:16:33

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Thanks Alan and Claret.BigGrin I'm afraid my progress is somewhat slow at the moment due to various reasonsCrying which I won't bore you with. But I will be posting another update very shortly.
Andy

Building:Samurai Armour, SOTS, Victory X-Section, Bismarck, D51
Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
karl1113
#182 Posted : 23 June 2014 20:27:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

nice and neat,coming on well,Cool BigGrin
Current builds: SotS, USS Consitution, San Felipe, D51 loco, HMS Surprise, RB7, Arab Dhow, Jotika HMS Victory
Completed builds: HMS Pickel, Thermopylae, Mississipi river boat, Mary Rose, Cutty Sark, San Francisco II, HMS Victory x5, Titanic Lifeboat, Panart HMS Victory Launch, Hachette Titanic, Virginia Schooner, Endeavour Longboat.

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
court orchard
#183 Posted : 23 June 2014 21:46:18

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have now completed the two Bulwarks at either end of the Lower Deck and over planked the Bow Bulwark in Black Boxwood. Whilst I always intended to over plank the inner sides with Black Boxwood, I had not taken into account the planking on the other sides. It took some time, but eventually I sourced a some lovely maroon/purple Birds-eye Maple. I managed with some difficulty, which also included a slot in the end of one of my fingersBlushing , to cut this into 3 & 2 mm strips. This has produced a pleasing effect to match the Black Boxwood on the opposite side. However this has taken 3 times as long. because firstly I had a pre-planking in 1mm thick Lime, which was then followed by a 0.6mm planking on each side. It is worth noting again that the Boxwood goes a little grey when sanded but returns to a jet black when varnished or any protective coating is applied.

[imghttp://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg482/andykirby194/DSC01090_zps6ea2cbe9.jpg[/img]
Andy

Finished:WW I Bavarian NCO, Caldercraft HM Bark Endeavour FFG 58 Samuel B Roberts,
Tomick
#184 Posted : 23 June 2014 22:40:47

Groups:

The maroon maple looks great and good find Cool
court orchard
#185 Posted : 06 July 2014 10:37:28

Tomick wrote:
The maroon maple looks great and good find Cool

Thanks Mr T.
Andy

court orchard
#186 Posted : 06 July 2014 11:22:25

karl1113 wrote:
nice and neat,coming on well,Cool BigGrin

Thank-you Karl. Sorry I totally missed your postBlushing

I suppose I should offer my mitigating circumstances, plus this is as good a place as any to explain my general lack of modelling and posting.

This is due to my suffering from a serious medical condition which came back to haunt me last year, I had two operations to attempt to control it which failed, but I had a short window of relief during which I finished my OHP Class Frigate before it returned with a vengeance. I am currently awaiting 'Brain Surgery' or as my doctors like to call it 'Retromastoid Crainiotomy for Microvascular Decompression of the Trigeminal Nerve''LOL Meanwhile I am on maximum allowed dosage of some rather unpleasant drugs, which have lots of nasty side effects, two of which are not at all helpful when modelling. These are periods of Dystopia (or I can't see) and inability to control my hands, with either shaking or sudden surprise movements. Or sometimes both these at once.
As you can imagine both these make modelling a tad difficultLOL LOL and I have to make the most of my periods of reasonable control by doing more useful things, such as typing this postLOL

Hey Ho, *#€! Happens, make the most of your health, there are some very unpleasant things out there.
This came out of absolutely nowhere, plus I tick all the right boxes on the health questionnaires, well I used tooLOL
Will stop whining now as my hands are starting to go all wobbly again.
Andy

Gandale
#187 Posted : 06 July 2014 12:05:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Hi Andy, am truly sorry to hear about your health problems and sincerely hope the operation this time is a complete success for you and that the recovery will allow you to get back to doing the things you love.... My thoughts are with you my friend, keep us posted as to how you are getting on as we do care.....

My very best wishes to you....

Regards

Alan
Tomick
#188 Posted : 06 July 2014 13:39:46

Groups:

Just to ditto what Alan has said, my thoughts are with you and hope all goes well.
stevie_o
#189 Posted : 06 July 2014 13:52:22

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Andy, Very sorry to hear this - hope the forthcoming op is a complete success so you can put this behind you. Looking forward to you getting back to your modelling. Good luck

Steve
arpurchase
#190 Posted : 06 July 2014 18:53:02

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Andy
Get well soon
regards
AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Martyn Ingram
#191 Posted : 06 July 2014 19:56:50

Get well soon my friend My thoughts are with you. All the best Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
court orchard
#192 Posted : 08 July 2014 13:16:44

Thank you all, for your very kind wishes, it really does mean a lot.

I'm hoping for surgery in August, which although I'm hoping will cure the problem has some serious risks. Unfortunately I'm at the point were other treatments are no longer working and anything is better than the pain, which has been classed as the 'worst pain known to man'.

Thanks againBigGrin
Andy

jase
#193 Posted : 08 July 2014 13:48:05

Andy i hope thing get sorted for you soon.

I need to see what you do with that Bismarck of yoursCool BigGrin

Take care

jase
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
robbyrob60
#194 Posted : 12 September 2014 21:58:38

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hi Andy just been viewing your build it's certainly coming on a treat ,sorry to hear you have a health problem bud I really hope your operation is a success and you make a 100% recovery all the best Rob.
ian smith
#195 Posted : 23 September 2014 13:21:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Andy.
Hope all goes well for you.
Ian
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.