Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

First proper run of my Hummer Options
kenjara
#1 Posted : 19 October 2014 15:36:15

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Here is a video of the first proper outside run of my Hummer. I am not applying full throttle yet as I am still breaking it in.

You Tube Link to video

The engine starts well in a couple of pulls and it ran through the whole tank without stalling. Going from the length of video I had to crop that was about 15-20 minutes!

It has a great sized fuel tank for the size of the engine. BigGrin
Finished 3D Printer, RB7, Hummer, Skyrider drone & Combat tank collection

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
delboy271155
#2 Posted : 19 October 2014 16:13:43

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi Kenjara, BigGrin BigGrin

That is seriously,

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Just two things:

1) Mind them big trees. Crying Crying

2) Could you fit a rake behind and collect the leaves for the local council,
would pay you for hours of fun.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Depending on council cuts of course.

WTG, great build.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

Tomick
#3 Posted : 19 October 2014 17:03:25

Groups:

Cool videoThumpUp

Good to see you removed a side rear door glass to allow for air cooling, though during running-in I would have also left the roof off. The cooler the engine runs during the running-in phase, the better.

Well done Cool
Warthog
#4 Posted : 19 October 2014 17:26:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

Cool vid and well done BigGrin

Once run in you could challenge the dog at the end to a race maybe? LOL

Spencer
arpurchase
#5 Posted : 19 October 2014 19:29:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin .Nice video you should have had a bone tied to the back for the dog to chaseLOL Blink , she certainly runs wellCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

stevie_o
#6 Posted : 19 October 2014 19:38:50

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

davetwin
#7 Posted : 19 October 2014 21:36:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Nice, looks great Cool

birdaj2
#8 Posted : 19 October 2014 22:08:53

Well done on getting to this stage and good to see the weather kept fine for your running in trials.

Looks a great deal of fun.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Gandale
#9 Posted : 19 October 2014 23:13:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looks like you had a lot of fun running your hummer for the first time,,,, great video..... Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
Silent_Running
#10 Posted : 20 October 2014 08:39:11

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin .Nice video you should have had a bone tied to the back for the dog to chaseLOL Blink , she certainly runs wellCool

What a cool vid. Boy! The hummer really moves doesn't it! But as Del-Boy said as well as leaf collecting I think you should also see about fitting a mower at the back as well, I'm sure the council would want to pay you for mowing the grass as well Laugh

But the best bit was the dogs chasing your model it was hilarious. First there was one, then two, I was thinking any moment now and there will be a pack chasing the hummer. I want to see what happens when you tie a steak to the back and run about with that! LOL

A great video and a great model. Thanks for sharing! BigGrin ThumpUp
kenjara
#11 Posted : 20 October 2014 09:14:21

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Thanks guys it's been a great model to build and run. Dogs really do love it too hehe.
Finished 3D Printer, RB7, Hummer, Skyrider drone & Combat tank collection

http://www.model-space.com/gb/