Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Bad vibes Options
Zanussi
#1 Posted : 10 January 2015 17:36:31

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Okay, got the first issue and thank heaven a Blue Print, with previous De-Ag builds overall drawings did not come until way way into the build, I glitched the Yamato and the Surprise builds for want of them and was pretty peeved.

But the Blue Print has caused uneasy rumblings for the future, I have pinned it over my computer bay in the living room and the wife is being very unreasonable about it, have not seen her this stubborn since I brought the life size statue of Lara Croft home and installed it among her goofy gnomes in the garden!

I only have myself to blame, our first date was to the then newly released Empire Strikes Back film and she slept through it!

For myself I am glad that there is painting to be done, I was rather put off by the boast that it was all done for us, where is the scope for putting our own individual slant on an entirely pre-painted model?

I hope it will be a success and encourage De-Ag to do the decent thing and release some of the other ships, an X-wing and Tie Fighter for instance.
Outerarm
#2 Posted : 10 January 2015 17:40:15

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Zanussi wrote:
But the Blue Print has caused uneasy rumblings for the future, I have pinned it over my computer bay in the living room and the wife is being very unreasonable about it, have not seen her this stubborn since I brought the life size statue of Lara Croft home and installed it among her goofy gnomes in the garden!

LOL that made me chuckle! There have been some serious conversations in my house between the wife, kids and myself on this... I think I finally persuaded them all!

Zanussi wrote:
I hope it will be a success and encourage De-Ag to do the decent thing and release some of the other ships, an X-wing and Tie Fighter for instance.

Indeed!
If it is only a game then why are you keeping score?
michu
#3 Posted : 14 January 2015 00:57:29

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Zanussi wrote:
I have pinned it over my computer bay in the living room and the wife is being very unreasonable about it, have not seen her this stubborn since I brought the life size statue of Lara Croft home and installed it among her goofy gnomes in the garden!

Funny thing, it's my girlfriend who's building the Millenium Falcon, she got the first issue and now can't wait for the next one to arrive... I'm just assisting :-)
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
darbyvet
#4 Posted : 14 January 2015 02:04:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

michu wrote:
Zanussi wrote:
I have pinned it over my computer bay in the living room and the wife is being very unreasonable about it, have not seen her this stubborn since I brought the life size statue of Lara Croft home and installed it among her goofy gnomes in the garden!

Funny thing, it's my girlfriend who's building the Millenium Falcon, she got the first issue and now can't wait for the next one to arrive... I'm just assisting :-)

Michu you had better hurry up and marry that girl.If she loves Star Wars she is a keeper!!!!!!!!!

michu
#5 Posted : 14 January 2015 02:19:03

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

darbyvet wrote:
Michu you had better hurry up and marry that girl.If she loves Star Wars she is a keeper!!!!!!!!!

This is the plan :-) I should be saying fiancée but I don't have é on my keyboard ;-)
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/