Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Sukhoi-30 fighter jet crashes Options
magpie1832
#1 Posted : 20 May 2015 11:27:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups:

http://m.timesofindia.co...articleshow/47341852.cms
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Tomick
#2 Posted : 20 May 2015 12:14:23

Groups:

More of our £280 million in foreign aid up in smoke Laugh
michu
#3 Posted : 20 May 2015 13:14:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Tomick wrote:
More of our £280 million in foreign aid up in smoke Laugh

It's not aid when you first destroy someone's economy, it's just making things right.
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
Tomick
#4 Posted : 20 May 2015 16:49:35

Groups:

Ah yes, a country which has widespread poverty, yet has spent more than £600 million on its space programme Blink
michu
#5 Posted : 20 May 2015 17:42:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Tomick wrote:
Ah yes, a country which has widespread poverty, yet has spent more than £600 million on its space programme Blink

Really, are you berating a country for the drive to advance science and technology - the very best thing that can be done as a long-term growth strategy? They do have successes, also commercial - like launching satellites for other countries. You are aware they are not doing this for peanuts, aren't you?

The way they are making progress, don't be surprised when some years from now they will be the first nation to develop commercially viable space industry - and who knows what it will be, maybe mining, maybe tourism, maybe something we are not thinking about yet.

Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Tomick
#6 Posted : 20 May 2015 18:30:21

Groups:

Meanwhile it allow's its people to live in poverty in favour of a mission to Mars.
Years from now it will still have mass poverty while it continues to squander millions supposed to help those in poverty, what do they plan to do, send them all to Mars Laugh

Last I heard, they were also favouring French jets over British..

michu
#7 Posted : 20 May 2015 18:47:15

I don't think I got what I meant across... How are they supposed to help people? By giving them money? By building a benefits system like here in UK? Look where it got this country: it created a lazy-ass generation that believes it's entitled, and created a pull bringing here immigrants who don't want to contribute, just want to reap benefits (I'm an immigrant myself but the other kind). It's not the way. The way is to build industries, to make a country strong, to create dreamers - it's dreams that get people into universities, not housing benefits. Help people, exactly how? There's no way to do it in a sustainable way long-term, other than advancing the country; through science, creating new work places, creating the kind of environment where entrepreneurs thrive. Mars is a symbol, a way to say they no longer want to dwell in mud and poverty. I think they are taking the right route.

EDIT: It's what Japan did, and what China is currently doing. Can you really say it's not working?