Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

What are the latest issues released for USA customers? Options
BradM73
#1 Posted : 29 June 2015 22:25:43

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Hello All!

Last night I was billed for my second month shipment, and I'm super excited to get it in hand to work on the next month. But I'm curious as to what is the latest month of subscriptions for the USA? Once I finish this month, I might be interested in getting bumped forward a bit if that is possible!

I'm getting really jealous of all the guys in the UK who are 6 months ahead of the rest of us!

Thanks

Brad
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 29 June 2015 23:22:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Brad,
the falcon was released in UK before USA so that is why they are ahead of us.I ordered the Falcon about 5 seconds after it was released.I will check tonight was issue I am up to.I haven't started building yet and I cant remember that issues I have already.
TechOz
#3 Posted : 06 July 2015 03:40:16

I should be receiving my next month issues 5 to 8 this week. :)
End of Line.
TechOz
#4 Posted : 09 July 2015 03:53:37

I just got a e-mail saying they just shipped out my second month order just yesterday. So I payed early and still had to wait for 28 day for my second order. So you can pay early but you will still have to wait for your 28 day month to month. :/. Note to me and every US person don't pay in advance because you won't be getting it any earlier.Blink
End of Line.
Heavens Eagle
#5 Posted : 09 July 2015 05:41:28

Groups:

I only received my 1st order last week, do they bill you each month or is it an autopay deal? I thought it was an autopay system. Please correct me if I am wrong.

On the other hand they are located only about an hour from me. Thought it was odd that I had to pay sales tax. Turns out I am in the same state D'oh! Was a good thing I went for the $1 shipping deal.
darbyvet
#6 Posted : 09 July 2015 05:50:58

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Heavens Eagle wrote:
I only received my 1st order last week, do they bill you each month or is it an autopay deal? I thought it was an autopay system. Please correct me if I am wrong.

On the other hand they are located only about an hour from me. Thought it was odd that I had to pay sales tax. Turns out I am in the same state D'oh! Was a good thing I went for the $1 shipping deal.

You should receive and email each month when they charge your card and then another when you issue ships.It is an autopay set up.
Heavens Eagle
#7 Posted : 09 July 2015 06:09:37

Groups:

Thanks darbyvet for the confirmation.
BradM73
#8 Posted : 09 July 2015 08:50:39

I got billed for my 2nd month on June 28th, but didn't receive a shipping notice until July 7th. I called them on Monday I think to ask if anything had been shipped, and the next day got the notice. Kind of a disappointing time to wait. The vast majority of retailers I've dealt with in the past only bill on the actual day the order ships, and I think that would be logical to do so.

Then on the 8th (yesterday) I saw a post on one of the Falcon build facebook fan pages that they only ship on Thursday, which if true will make it two weeks or so before I get my 2nd month.

The salesperson at Model-Space said they only build the issues to order. I kind of thought that was a bit odd considering the kits are made in China. I kind of get the feeling that we're billed for the issues, then they get paid for so that they can pay the china factory or whatever in order to get the issues shipped stateside. That's only a guess though.

I'll let you guys know when my things arrive, whenever that may be. I'm just looking forward to the build, and if possible, getting caught up with the rest of the US builders.
darbyvet
#9 Posted : 09 July 2015 15:26:52

BradM73 wrote:
I got billed for my 2nd month on June 28th, but didn't receive a shipping notice until July 7th. I called them on Monday I think to ask if anything had been shipped, and the next day got the notice. Kind of a disappointing time to wait. The vast majority of retailers I've dealt with in the past only bill on the actual day the order ships, and I think that would be logical to do so.

Then on the 8th (yesterday) I saw a post on one of the Falcon build facebook fan pages that they only ship on Thursday, which if true will make it two weeks or so before I get my 2nd month.

The salesperson at Model-Space said they only build the issues to order. I kind of thought that was a bit odd considering the kits are made in China. I kind of get the feeling that we're billed for the issues, then they get paid for so that they can pay the china factory or whatever in order to get the issues shipped stateside. That's only a guess though.

I'll let you guys know when my things arrive, whenever that may be. I'm just looking forward to the build, and if possible, getting caught up with the rest of the US builders.

MY guess would be the holiday slowed down your order a bit this month.
BradM73
#10 Posted : 09 July 2015 20:13:26

darbyvet wrote:
MY guess would be the holiday slowed down your order a bit this month.

Yea, that's what the guy on the phone said, but having run an internet business before, that's kind of a weak excuse, especially since the 4th landed on a weekend this year. I can understand when shipping gets messed up when post offices are closed during a week day, but not really on a weekend.
Warrczar
#11 Posted : 09 July 2015 20:41:34

I have never received an email letting me know I was charged for my order nor an email letting me know when my monthly order has shipped. I have had to call customer service ever month to get my order processed. they say they will fix what ever problem is preventing my order from getting processed properly. still haven't received an email for this months order. really like the model so far but am disappointed with the shipping process.
darbyvet
#12 Posted : 09 July 2015 21:43:54

Hi Warrczar,
welcome to the forum.I am sorry you are having issues with shipping.I am forum support for USa so let me know if I can help in any way

Carl
Warrczar
#13 Posted : 10 July 2015 21:17:13

Thanks darbyvet,
We shall see if customer service has fixed the problem with my account. they have been very nice but the problem keeps coming back and they can't figure out why.
Viper DeCobray
#14 Posted : 10 July 2015 23:55:40

I got my shipping notice for my first set on June 23rd, said 6-8 days, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive 17 days later. Emailed CS on Wed afternoon, still waiting to hear back from them on that, too. I'm starting to think I'm going to get charged for the second set before the first even arrives.
darbyvet
#15 Posted : 11 July 2015 15:39:30

So in general they try to ship within 2 days of receiving and order and shipping takes 6-8 days.After that every 28 days they process the next payment.

BradM73
#16 Posted : 11 July 2015 18:55:33

@ Viper - I definitely recommend calling up Model-Space to make sure everything is okay with your order. It took about a week for my first issue to arrive. Might want to give them a ring in case there are any issues.