Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

WildRover's Zero Build Options
WildRover
#1 Posted : 23 February 2015 00:04:10

Groups: Registered

Well, I wonder what this is all for?

Received my final issue of the Zero just prior to Xmas. So, as may have been noted, ive been sourcing the right primers, paints, etc, hopefully good to go now!
File Attachment(s):
WP_20150221_23_36_32_Pro.jpg (358kb) downloaded 111 time(s).
WP_20150221_23_36_51_Pro.jpg (408kb) downloaded 81 time(s).
Completed: Earth, Moon, Sun Orbiter
Build a Model Solar System

Under Constuction: HMB Endeavour
HMS Victory
Mitsubishi Zero
Tiger Tank
D51

WildRover
#2 Posted : 23 February 2015 00:11:26

Cursing Might be slight delay to starting this off, went through all the packs today, basically to make sure no parts were damaged. Well goshdarnit, I'm only missing a few of bits aren't I Crying , so just shot an email off to deag to hopefully sort it (That'll learn me to leave it till i have it all! Blink )

HMS Victory
Mitsubishi Zero
Tiger Tank
D51

arpurchase
#3 Posted : 23 February 2015 22:54:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Sorry to hear you have parts missing, hopefully soon resolved and you can startCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

WildRover
#4 Posted : 25 February 2015 12:54:49

Monday morning I emailed Deag (modelspace) listing what i was missing. I received a reply an hour later asking for my address and that they would ask the warehouse to arrange delivery of the missing stuff. This morning, DHL arrived with the missing bits (whole issues actually!)

I Love LOVE Love deags customer service! I had no doubt I would receive the parts, but was expecting the usual 28 days before delivery of the parts, yet 48 hours and it arrives. Tell you what, I will have no hesitation in buying from deag again with this sort of service!!

Right, now what was I doing again....????Confused

HMS Victory
Mitsubishi Zero
Tiger Tank
D51

Tomick
#5 Posted : 25 February 2015 22:36:44

Groups:

Good to hear you got sorted Cool
WildRover
#6 Posted : 01 August 2015 01:55:09

So, what did you do Friday night? Beer? On the pull? well actually, I was building engine cylinders for a static aircraft engine..LOL

Nearly finished pack 1, bar painting, except for the 0.7mm drill snapping Crying so shopping for me tomorrow for a new 1 or 2 of them! Trying to keep doing it according to the instructions, but its easier to do the cylinders together, once the drills are replaced, Ill finish drilling then likely build the gun mechanism, so I can spray that and the cylinders in gunmetal.

HMS Victory
Mitsubishi Zero
Tiger Tank
D51

arpurchase
#7 Posted : 01 August 2015 08:44:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi WR

Nice to see you get started, the metal parts are quite soft so go easy on the clean up as its very easy to remove too much. The hardest parts to drill out are the spark plugs that fit into the cylinders these are very hard and are best drilled on the sprue before removal. My drills lasted ok but just went blunt so I replaced mine from fleabay packs of 10 at reasonable prices as drills in the sizes we need are rarely found down the local B&Q. Your local model shop may have sets as well.

Regards

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#8 Posted : 01 August 2015 09:46:11

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Great to see you get started on this one WR, hope you enjoy the build. Will be following your progress all the way.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
davetwin
#9 Posted : 01 August 2015 10:11:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great to see you started on this, it is an amazing looking kit, sadly I missed out on it and funds at the moment just dont allow me to get a the full kit I have been offered so I will be following you build with great interest Cool
WildRover
#10 Posted : 01 August 2015 11:16:07

There was a slight delay due to real life getting in the way (kids moving out, etc) - on th eplus side, I now have a mancave of my own, lol, every cloud and all that Laugh Mrs said I need to start building these things, and with x-factor starting soon, ill have plenty of weekend time to do it!!

HMS Victory
Mitsubishi Zero
Tiger Tank
D51

WildRover
#11 Posted : 06 August 2015 20:25:06

Progress so far:

Whilst I like the gunmetal colour on the cylinders, not too impressed with it on the gun, so this may get resprayed black like the base before mounting in the aircraft.
The case of the engine is humbrol 166 light grey, which contrasts well with the gunmetal and black. Its assembled loosely as I have yet to drill the spark plug holes, and i dont want to lose the bits. Currently progressing on with the braces for the wings, which is a PITA! especially when the instructions are wrong, lol.

Hopefully will have this lot together properly by the weekend, and then its onto pack 6! (Though obviously I have jumped ahead a bit to get all the cylinders and sparkplugs!)

HMS Victory
Mitsubishi Zero
Tiger Tank
D51

stevie_o
#12 Posted : 06 August 2015 20:48:09

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

arpurchase
#13 Posted : 06 August 2015 21:41:41

BigGrin Nicely doneCool

davetwin
#14 Posted : 06 August 2015 22:28:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Awesome job, I love this kit, just wish I had he spare funds to purchase the one I was offered, maybe one day, in the meantime I will make do with watching your fantastic progress Cool
Gandale
#15 Posted : 06 August 2015 23:50:56

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Looking good, very nice work....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
delboy271155
#16 Posted : 07 August 2015 01:22:34

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

The engines coming together nicely.Cool
I'm interested in this build as I have one stashed away for a rainy day or "year".

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)
COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

WildRover
#17 Posted : 16 August 2015 12:18:24

Progress time - I have decided I hate the bracings for the rear of the wings, the stuff just folds like paper as you try and score it, but its done, just having a break from it before inspecting it prior to painting the aotake on it.

Engine progress is coming along better than I expected, but as with all these things its a matter of taking your time, and when you do cock it up, to ensure that copious amounts of superglue and paint are available to mask the problem! Flapper

Fitted the engine ring last night before bed, and exhaust fitting will either be today or next week, thinking of taking a break from it to do some of my neglected plastic models, which dont take anything like as long!! BigGrin

Also looking at starting the Akagi collection to go along with this, I think it would look smart having this zero with the ship she would have been on...

HMS Victory
Mitsubishi Zero
Tiger Tank
D51

davetwin
#18 Posted : 16 August 2015 13:44:06

Sweet looking engine, keep the updates coming. BigGrin

I think getting the Akagi to go with it is a great idea, I also have the Akagi on my list to get
arpurchase
#19 Posted : 16 August 2015 18:17:45

BigGrin Coming together nicelyCool