Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages «<345
Calling all US Millennium Falcon builders Options
darbyvet
#81 Posted : 21 June 2015 03:46:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Welcome to the forum Dan,
I am forum support for USA so let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

I think the sound idea is great.I know the arduino boards are easy to program.I have a friend that built a USS Enterprise and he added sound and lights with an Arduino board.

Carl
Dan Kramer
#82 Posted : 21 June 2015 04:27:50

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thank you sir. I look forward to learning to build this beautiful kit. It's going to be a long 6-8 weeks for my first box. Crying
TechOz
#83 Posted : 28 June 2015 07:37:12

TechOz checking in Yakima WA. Got mine started as well and I do want to keep it as close to the movie prop so...I primed up my turret and plating. Steve said more videos and pictures are coming up. So excited about this project. The wait is the killer lol. Drool
End of Line.
Dan Kramer
#84 Posted : 30 June 2015 16:45:08

I got my first shipment today! Woot
It was funny seeing my wife's reaction to the size of the blueprints when I opened then across the dining table.
She knows I'm in for the long haul though, and I have my own space to build in.

I'll start doing a build blog after a little while. I still have to get supplies and get the space together.
Heavens Eagle
#85 Posted : 02 July 2015 22:09:29

Groups:

Finally jumped on the wagon and subscribed last weekend. Had the ship notification in my e-mail Tuesday morning. Will see if it shows today at home or if it will be slightly longer.

Being a watchmaker, tool guy, and having lots of fabricating and modeling experience means no OOB for me. I already know that most of the cockpit and hold will be redone.

davetwin
#86 Posted : 02 July 2015 22:22:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome Heavens Eagle, some nice work there, I am sure you will love the Falcon. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with it Cool
darbyvet
#87 Posted : 02 July 2015 23:30:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum Heavens Eagle.I am foum support for USa so let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Looking forward to seeing what you can do with the Falcon.

Carl
Heavens Eagle
#88 Posted : 03 July 2015 01:05:43

Groups:

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I see that the photos and layouts that I post on another forum seem to work here just fine so that will make it easier to do my posts, one format, two forums. Looking forward to seeing the first package arrive, and already am amassing some questions relating to how the hold mounts in the model and a few other things since the possible modifications and revisions are already constructing in my head. (This is where being a bit behind others can help making plans Cool )
Dan Kramer
#89 Posted : 03 July 2015 01:52:26

The detail on that tank is just beautiful. I think my favorite part is the realistic grime you got on that shovel. It looks like you used a shrink ray on a normal used one.
Viper DeCobray
#90 Posted : 03 July 2015 06:50:30

Hi everybody, just joined the other day. Still waiting on my first set to arrive. Should be any day now (shipping notice came of 6/23).
This isn't my first model, but it's the first where I'm going to be putting a lot of the stuff I've learned over the years into practice.
My battle plan for the Falcon is to build the metal frame work and interior as it comes, and just put a base coat on the hull plating. Then when it's all arrived, begin detail painting the hull. I also plan to use some 3D printed items for the interior, especially the hold.
I'm looking forward to this, and can't wait to start and share my adventure of building the Falcon with you all.
Viper DeCobray
#91 Posted : 03 July 2015 06:51:12

Oh, and Eagle, that tank looks amazing!!!
TechOz
#92 Posted : 06 July 2015 03:33:15

My Plans are to paint and build as they come to me every month issues. Taking my time painting and weather so...I just finished with first month, (pictures attached to this post.
File Attachment(s):
154.JPG (1,243kb) downloaded 29 time(s).
155.JPG (1,254kb) downloaded 19 time(s).
156.JPG (1,271kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
149.JPG (1,860kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
End of Line.
Heavens Eagle
#93 Posted : 06 July 2015 21:03:33

Groups:

Thanks for you kind comments on the Sturmgeschutz everyone! It was mainly a test to see if my post format from another forum would work here too, and that was a decent example of my work.

Took about a day and a half from my shipped notice to receive the shipment. They ship from Jackson TN and I live in Memphis.

On my first shipment I noticed these things about the basic parts:

*The exterior plastic is not painted, it is only highlighted and washed. That ivory color is the plastic color which will change over time.

*I found that the door in the cockpt is set back way too deep. It should only be slightly recessed from the wall surface not way back in a tunnel like it is.

*I myself don't really care for the stickers on the panels as such and the entire cockpit has issues. I will have to wait until I have more of the parts for the cockpit before I can start rebuilding it to all the photos I have acquired.

*The white metal quad laser only barely resembles what I have in my photo collection. Since there are 4 barrels per gun and 2 guns, I will probably make a new master part and then make molds and resin castings to replace them.

*The upper gun turret part with the window has a number of discrepencies from the photos I have as well as the 2 hull parts. Nothing really major and nothing that is real pronounced unless compared to photos. There will be some corrections made as time goes along.

+On the positive side, it should build OK and make an acceptable model built out of the box. My OCD won't let me do that. Confused

So far the only thing I have done has been to assemble the metal hull frame, and to remove the incorrectly mounted window frame from the turret disc. The white metal framework seems to be substantial and well made. I will reserve final judgement on that until I have more parts and see how well it stands up.

My new thread will start as soon as I get the photos edited and will have a full step by step of everything I do on the kit. As for the parts on Shapeways, They look real nice and the creators are superbly talented, but I am not real sure about the material the parts are made out of. I have heard enough that I question how well it would work in this instance. At some point I will order something from Shapeways and put the parts through a full test but more on that another time.

Tonight I am planning on editing photos and starting to put together some posts. Am way behind on doing that with a lot of stuff. Blink
myawn
#94 Posted : 20 July 2015 20:39:29

I just placed my order ... I'm not an experienced modeler and what little I did was many years ago. But scanning the forum convinced me there was enough help close at hand to make this a fun project!

I'm not really sure how much I'll customize ... I'd love to do more with lighting but I'm not sure how difficult that would be. I do plan to do a bit of weathering but not extensive repainting.

I'm also not sure about the add-on parts (Shapeways or others). Will probably see how the supplied pieces work out, and keep reading the forums to get a feel for whether there are some particularly worthwhile pieces to put a little extra $$ into.

I've got this model sitting in a prominent space in my house right now ... I think it has about 25 months left to hold that spot. Interestingly, the new MF is almost exactly the same dimensions as the Lego model so it should fit the space very well

Lego Millennium Falcon
myawn attached the following image(s):
10179.jpg
darbyvet
#95 Posted : 20 July 2015 21:32:22

Welcome to the forum Myawn,
I am forum support for USa so let me know if I can help you in any way.

I don't think you will have any problems with the Falcon build, but if you do there are tons of US and UK builders that can help you.

I am so jealous you have the ultimate Leg Star Wars kit.I just bought the Slave 1 Lego kit.The instruction manual is over 300 pages.I cant imagine how big the manual was for the Falcon!!

TheGunslinger
#96 Posted : 07 August 2015 03:38:00

Hello all,

New member here from Canada. I've received my first two shipments and binder and am eagerly awaiting my third.

I am very excited about this kit, everything I have seen so far has been stellar. I plan to customize mine and will be starting a build diary soon. I've been in the modelling/prop building community for several years on a few different forums and knew this kit was special from the second I found out about it. The only issue I've had so far is that the sticker for my Dejarik table is cut slightly off center. Not sure if I can get a replacement for that.

The only other question I have at the moment is about the approval code I was given when I registered here, does anyone know where I am supposed to plug that in? I have not seen anything and was given no prompt when I registered.

Thanks in advance.