Groups:

Within Issue 8..
Tomick attached the following image(s):
Sov1.jpg
Sov2.jpg
Sov3.jpg
MWG
#2 Posted : 31 August 2012 18:15:26

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

That is fantastic MR T, a big step forward, well done De agBigGrin Cool Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

Tomick
#3 Posted : 31 August 2012 18:18:22

Groups:

I would have preferred to see it placed into issue 1, but the main thing is that it is shown and nicely talked about Wink
RobT
#4 Posted : 31 August 2012 18:45:07

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Hello all,

I am new here. I am going to be building the SOTS very, very slowly alongside my actual first build which will be the Endeavour Longboat. Hopefully, that will allow me to hone some needed skills first.

I am going tool shopping this weekend. I am trying to look at what has been posted for my shopping list, however, I really cannot read the post. Please, is there any way of enlarging it or linking to an enlarged version so I can see it easier.

Cheers

Rob
MWG
#5 Posted : 31 August 2012 19:07:01

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

RobT wrote:
Hello all,

I am new here. I am going to be building the SOTS very, very slowly alongside my actual first build which will be the Endeavour Longboat. Hopefully, that will allow me to hone some needed skills first.

I am going tool shopping this weekend. I am trying to look at what has been posted for my shopping list, however, I really cannot read the post. Please, is there any way of enlarging it or linking to an enlarged version so I can see it easier.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob A big warm welcome to the model Space Forum, please go to my SOTS build diary where I have posted a listBigGrin Or go into the search area and type in INDEX

Regards Mike
MWG BUILD DIARIES: HMS VICTORY, SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS, SAN FRANCISCO II, HMS HOOD, HMS ENDEAVOUR LONGBOAT, HMS VICTORY X-SECTION, 007 DB5, NISSAN GTR, CUTTY SARK, RB7, AKAGI, BARK HMS ENDEAVOUR, HUMMER H1, MITSUBISHI ZERO.

RobT
#6 Posted : 31 August 2012 19:11:40

Thanks, but I can only see Tomick's build diary.
MWG
#7 Posted : 31 August 2012 19:18:04

Hi Rob, come further down the page and you will see MEMBERS BUILD DIARIES
click on SOVEREIGN OF THE SEAS and you will see the build diaries

Good luckBigGrin

Mike

saintsman123
#8 Posted : 31 August 2012 19:21:10

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

rob a couple of good places to shop are lidl and aldi. they have some reasonable tools for very little outlay. the only problem is they don't always have what you want exactly when you want it.
Come on you Jimmies
RobT
#9 Posted : 31 August 2012 19:42:52

Thanks guys. Found it and listed everything I need. Very comprehensive. Luckily if I subscribe, the razor and mitre comes with the first delivery BigGrin
Ger C
#10 Posted : 31 August 2012 19:52:35

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Thanks Mr T

Great to see thisBigGrin
jethro
#11 Posted : 06 October 2012 10:10:05

Hi you all
my 1st message so be gentle with me
.Im trying to do this on a shoestring
gave up smoking so its only costing me the price of a pack of fags, so far regarding tools I use bulldog clips as clamps ,I find a pin makes holes for cannon rings, paint from £1 shop,if any one has sugestions for cheap tools Id be most greatfullCool
denissimo
#12 Posted : 06 October 2012 10:15:25

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Boyes have a good selection of modelling tools at reasonable prices, if you have one near you.
I.E Knifes/blades, needle files, 0.6mmmm drill bits (and upwards), cutting boards, glues and fillers etc etc

Oh, and welcome BigGrin
Model boats built so far:-

Billings Cutty Sark
Scratch built twin IC RC Vosper MTB.
Scratch built rc electric hybrid.
Scratch built rc IC hydrofoil (ran happily on snow as well as water!)
Plus numerous numerous RC planes.

Under construction
Sovereign of the Seas!
1200:1 HMS Victory (by Mantua)
The Battleship Yamato (seriously considering building as an RC model)

Sillvestra
#13 Posted : 06 October 2012 10:19:02

A car boot or model makers event may provide a lot of basic tools for very low prices. Just be very careful though as cheap tools can cause problems later on if the are not made with reasonable precision and it would be a shame to spoil such a wonderful looking ship by scrimping too much...

For modeller's events, look online for your local model plane flying club. They'll have details of shows and events.
Andy

Current Builds:
- HMS Sovereign of the Seas

Planning on Building:
- Scratch built HMS Victory full detail interior (I know what's inside even if you can't see it BigGrin)

Completed Builds:
-
4niertsr
#14 Posted : 14 September 2015 17:06:46

I am new to this forum and to building wooden ship models. Looking forward to starting. What comes in the tool kit in issue #4.
davetwin
#15 Posted : 14 September 2015 17:58:51

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum, the toolkit comes with

"TOOLKIT - Created specifically for ModelSpace, this toolkit comprises: Side cutter, micro drills, files , tweezers and more - Free with your 3rd month’s pack."

If you click here http://www.model-space.c...reign-of-the-seas.html, then click the free gift tab it will show you a picture of the tool kit Cool
Leebrownbear
#16 Posted : 19 June 2020 00:54:24

Groups: New Members, Unapproved

I keep hearing about free gifts and tools, but I haven't received anything. I've been building wood ship models for decades, so I've already got the tools listed in the free gifts. As for pack 4, I'm still waiting. They sent Victory pack 5 instead and I'm getting nowhere with customer service. The guy I talked to didn't seem to be able to grasp the problem, I'd been better off trying to communicate with a dolphin. Numerous emails have gotten me nowhere. Anyone else have this happen?
Gandale
#17 Posted : 19 June 2020 08:09:50

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Leebrownbear wrote:
I keep hearing about free gifts and tools, but I haven't received anything. I've been building wood ship models for decades, so I've already got the tools listed in the free gifts. As for pack 4, I'm still waiting. They sent Victory pack 5 instead and I'm getting nowhere with customer service. The guy I talked to didn't seem to be able to grasp the problem, I'd been better off trying to communicate with a dolphin. Numerous emails have gotten me nowhere. Anyone else have this happen?

Send a PM to 'admin' outlining your problem, giving your subscription/order number, address and contact details. Admin may be able to assist with resolving the problem....

Regards

Alan