Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Building without the interior Options
daz1999
#1 Posted : 04 October 2015 23:05:42

Groups: Registered

Hi Everyone, newbie here BigGrin

I'm currently up to issue 34 at the moment and have recently started painting , I've learnt a great deal reading through all the threads her so thanks to those who have taken the time to help others!

Anyway on to my question... Is it possible to build this without the interior? I'll be doing the inside of the cockpit as that'll be visible but I'm not really interested in the rest as i'll never see it,its all about the exterior for me BigGrin
So does anyone know if it's possible and will it be structually sound if i don't build the interior?

Thanks
davetwin
#2 Posted : 05 October 2015 02:11:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi daz and welcome to the forum

The Falcon will build just fine without the hold interior without any structural issues as all the strength of the structure is in the metal panels and radials.

If you are concerned you could just assemble the interior and plonk it in but then glue the removable panels down when we get them. There has been mention of us getting the turret interior as well, I believe I saw that on the official build the Millennium Falcon forum but don't quote me on that.

Hope you consider posting a build diary of your efforts. The beauty of this build is that are so many different directions that people are taking theirs in which makes it great fun following them all
daz1999
#3 Posted : 05 October 2015 19:02:13

Thanks Dave!

I've decided I'm going to be patient and wait it out until i have the full model before painting the rest as I'm worried it won't be consistent otherwise.
So i may build the interior to help pass the time even though i will never display it like that,it'll give me practice as its been a while since I've done any modelling,win win situation i suppose.

thanks again for the reply and ill post up my build soon hopefully BigGrin