Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages 123>
My Huracan. Options
arpurchase
#1 Posted : 21 October 2015 22:08:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi All

Starting soon my build of this beast will be hereBlink Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Love Love Love Laugh LOL Cool

Regards

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

michu
#2 Posted : 21 October 2015 23:26:13

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Then we can go racing in 12 months BigGrin
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
stevie_o
#3 Posted : 21 October 2015 23:40:05

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Gandale
#4 Posted : 22 October 2015 00:25:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Yep, I'll be watching all the way too Andy, look forward to seeing her get underway.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
magpie1832
#5 Posted : 22 October 2015 07:50:49

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking forward to it Andy. Love Rc Cars just i dont live in right area for a nitro yet. (A lot of posh old people here)
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

Martyn Ingram
#6 Posted : 22 October 2015 07:54:09

BigGrin Looking forward to seeing your build of this beast Andy Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
davetwin
#7 Posted : 22 October 2015 08:37:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

This will be Ian interesting buy led, I have been tempted but the nitro RC doesn't really to anything for me, it does rather stunning though Cool
arpurchase
#8 Posted : 22 October 2015 21:42:04

BigGrin Thanks everyone for looking in and your comments, I really am looking forward to this one, I wonder if I can slip that 15 cc Supertigre engine onto the chassisDrool LOL Laugh Laugh Laugh Love Drool Drool Drool Drool Laugh LOL Cool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

arpurchase
#9 Posted : 01 November 2015 19:17:30

BigGrin Hi All

Pack one arrived yesterday but was busy most of the day building a new PC for myself so I did the build today. first impression on opening the box was a set of well made and strong looking parts made from I think High Impact Plastic along with some nicely made metal parts.

First thing to do was to assemble the front wheel and then gluing the tyre to the wheel. Next was the assembly of the shock absorber and the fitting of it to the shock mount. Now the front left suspension arm was assembled and finally the body supports were added to the front bumper plate. More soon.

AndyCool
arpurchase attached the following image(s):
PB010415.JPG
PB010416.JPG
PB010419.JPG
PB010421.JPG
PB010423.JPG
PB010425.JPG
PB010426.JPG
PB010427.JPG
PB010430.JPG

Gandale
#10 Posted : 02 November 2015 00:11:02

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Great start Andy, will be following.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
michu
#11 Posted : 02 November 2015 11:53:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

The one thing that weirds me out with this build is how tiny amount is there to build on the early stages. I have built first three issues already and it took me maybe an hour total. This is just a 12-month subscription so I guess more will come later, but still I think I felt like I did more work after three packs of Hummer or Red Bull - which are much longer subscriptions than Huracan.

Although it's not half as bad as the Harley Fat Boy in that matter. This one I'd cancel altogether if not for the investment I have already made... After 9 or 10 packs I clocked maybe 20 minutes of build time...
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

arpurchase
#12 Posted : 03 November 2015 00:02:35

BigGrin Hi Alan and Michu

Thanks for looking in and your comments.

Michu its the nature of the beast with part works the parts are spread out and there is some build included with the packs but at times its all over too fast.

Regards

AndyCool

michu
#13 Posted : 03 November 2015 11:49:27

Hi Andy, yeah I know - I'm doing quite a few of these which also allows for comparisons... Some are better balanced and some are worse in that matter: for example the Hayabusa and Countach are great, the D51 is I think the top of the crop, and all the wooden models are also great in that matter. RC Red Bull and Hummer are very satisfying each month too. I found the 3D printer and the drone a bit low on the build fun they are providing but they will have a lot of play factor when done so by nature they are a bit different. But the Huracan is for now surprising - for a 12-month partwork the initial issues are not large enough for my liking. They feel more like the build was spread over 24 months. I know this means it will be more involved and interesting later, just I'd prefer it all to be a bit better balanced across the whole subscription if you get what I mean. And the Harley is its own category, 9 months with almost nothing to do but collecting the parts is too much. So yeah, I know every of the partworks is different, just saying some are worse and some are better, and it's not only the parts quality that matters...

arpurchase
#14 Posted : 03 November 2015 19:18:53

BigGrin Hi Michu

I can agree with your sentiments but also like to point out that at least the parts arrive on Time . After some of the horror storys we have heard about from some other part work suppliers at least we have a good idea the parts will arrive.

AndyCool

davetwin
#15 Posted : 03 November 2015 20:09:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

arpurchase wrote:
BigGrin Hi Michu

I can agree with your sentiments but also like to point out that at least the parts arrive on Time . After some of the horror storys we have heard about from some other part work suppliers at least we have a good idea the parts will arrive.

AndyCool

Oh I can echo that from first hand experience, which is a shame as the same one I was burned by is doing another desirable build I would like but never again Blink Blink

There are some rather nice looking parts with this kit Cool
michu
#16 Posted : 04 November 2015 09:21:16

I completely agree with you guys! :)
The partworks from DeAgostini are top notch and I'm sure I'll be happy with each of them, even the lazy Fat Boy - but the more the powers see this kind of discussion, the more they will take care to have the well balanced subscriptions in the future, I think?

Anyway Andy, sorry for hijacking your thread. Great start on the Lambo. I forgot to take pictures while doing third pack, will drop the end results into my build log later so you can see what lays ahead :)

arpurchase
#17 Posted : 04 November 2015 10:15:12

BigGrin NP Michu and enjoy the build I know I amCool

arpurchase
#18 Posted : 28 November 2015 00:20:14

BigGrin Hi All

Pack 2 has arrived containing stages 6-11. Stage 6 is another wheel to make up, Stage 7 is the rear shock mount and body supports, Stage 8 is the front hub carrier, Stage 9 we begin to assemble the front frames that will hold the diff, Stage 10 we start assembling the front diff and lastly the front drive shaft starts its assembly.

More soon

Andy
PB010432.JPG
PB010434.JPG
PB010437.JPG
PB010439.JPG
PB010441.JPG
PB010443.JPG
PB010444.JPG

arpurchase
#19 Posted : 02 January 2016 13:08:30

BigGrin Pack 3 has arrived containing 12-17. Making up more of the front suspension, the front diff and another shock unit and lastly a drive shaft. More soon.

AndyCool
PB010446.JPG
PB010448.JPG
PB010452.JPG
PB010454.JPG
PB010456.JPG
PB010458.JPG

arpurchase
#20 Posted : 01 February 2016 20:40:40

BigGrin Hi All

Pack 4 arrived stages 18 - 23 and more sub assembly's to be made up or parts for future use like the rear diff parts then starting to assemble the rear suspension arms and rear mounts and main drive shaft, the clutch was also made up. No problems encountered all went together without a hitch.

Regards

AndyCool
PB010460.JPG
PB010463.JPG
PB010464.JPG
PB010466.JPG