Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Anyone familiar with the WWII N Africa campaign Tamiya kits Options
RogerThornhill
#1 Posted : 25 October 2015 00:24:40

Groups: Registered

I have a question is anyone familiar with the N Africa campaign, kits from Tamiya?

I have a situation where I need to help someone do a small diorama and have been looking at one of the Tamiya kits but don't know which one to do. This is for a high school student project and he needs to do most of the work. Any input on the kits would be appreciated.

I am looking at any of the following 35305 35286 35283 35238 anyone have experience with any of these kits

Thanks in advance
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 25 October 2015 01:18:35

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Hi Roger

I have not built the 1st 3 but have built the 88 mm in the past it has the crew included so saves looking for extra crew kits. The overall colour would be panzer dark yellow or sand.

There is also an etch set from Eduard for this kit.

Tamiya also do some textured paint now in dark or light sand to help with the base or you could just glue real sand the the dio base which could be made from a simple block of wood.

Miniart do some ready to make dio bases but I think there is only one dessert type and has a lot of buildings with it.

Hope this helps

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

RogerThornhill
#3 Posted : 25 October 2015 21:50:59

Thanks Andy...I think that may be the one as it seems the most complete, and you don't really need to do anything else with it.