Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

I just wanted to say that where are the reference pictures for US builders at? Options
TechOz
#1 Posted : 12 November 2015 05:24:44

Groups: Registered

Getting a little annoyed with this...pay a bunch of money and keep not getting any painting reference pictures of the Millennium Falcon. Keep getting shot down with bad like only EU and not for US. I'm I the only one who feels this way? Where are the pictures for US builders located? Help please...Cursing !!
End of Line.
Tomick
#2 Posted : 12 November 2015 11:15:46

Groups:

Painting information is provided in the magazine from Issue 48 onwards.

There a already a topic about the download info here
http://forum.model-space...spx?g=posts&t=16186
darbyvet
#3 Posted : 12 November 2015 15:24:21

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi TechOz,
as mr T stated the reference pictures for the Falcon are coming soon in the magazines that come with the parts.As far as the digital downloads they are currently not available in USA.However, DeAgostini USA is looking into making digital downloads available in USA.Once I know more about this I will post on the forum.

There are three videos on painting the Millennium Falcon posted on youtube.These
videos feature Steve Dymszo and are a great resource for painting the Falcon.Here is a link to the first video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-Yaj2wlHS4

We are a couple of months behind the UK with issues, but once we get to issue 48 there will be the reference photos you are looking for.

LeviathanPrime
#4 Posted : 09 January 2016 22:05:29

Groups:

Without worrying about PDF version of the issues or instructions (and all the licensing problems that go along with it), will we have access to digital reference pictures? I know they'll be included in later issues along with painting instructions. I just want to have access to some reference I can pull up and zoom on quickly. I'd think that a few dozen images of an item from the lucasfilm archives wouldn't be too difficult to provide on their own.
darbyvet
#5 Posted : 10 January 2016 00:53:17

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

LeviathanPrime wrote:
Without worrying about PDF version of the issues or instructions (and all the licensing problems that go along with it), will we have access to digital reference pictures? I know they'll be included in later issues along with painting instructions. I just want to have access to some reference I can pull up and zoom on quickly. I'd think that a few dozen images of an item from the lucasfilm archives wouldn't be too difficult to provide on their own.

Photos will be provided in the magazines that come with the parts.You can find digital pictures of the ESB falcon filming model online in one of the many Facebook groups or forums such as rebelscum and therpf.

Since this is an officially licensed product there are indeed very strict rules that DeAgostini and Model-Space must adhere to as part of the agreement with Disney/Lucasfilms.

LeviathanPrime
#6 Posted : 10 January 2016 01:05:33

Groups:

darbyvet wrote:

You can find digital pictures of the ESB falcon filming model online in one of the many Facebook groups or forums such as rebelscome and therpf.

That's excellent. Thanks for the alternatives. Way to bypass legal issues if someone else already has them out there. I like it.

I assume the first one is supposed the be rebel s c u m. That filter makes that combination of letters problematic.
darbyvet
#7 Posted : 10 January 2016 01:11:56

LeviathanPrime wrote:
darbyvet wrote:

You can find digital pictures of the ESB falcon filming model online in one of the many Facebook groups or forums such as rebelscome and therpf.

That's excellent. Thanks for the alternatives. Way to bypass legal issues if someone else already has them out there. I like it.

I hope that was not sarcastic.I was just stating a fact.You are asking for something that is already readily available and I am sincerely trying to help.

Carl
LeviathanPrime
#8 Posted : 10 January 2016 02:06:08

Groups:

And I sincerely thanked you for it. I do believe that you are in a difficult situation and probably aren't given some of the information that could make your job easier. I've been quite happy with your responses every time I've interacted with you. That's more than I can say for others.
greyhawk
#9 Posted : 10 January 2016 02:10:53

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I"m pressing the "Like" button like crazy at your response, imagining this is Facebook. It is seldom to see someone understand the licensing issues inherent in a model like this.