Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Spare 2-hole connectors? Options
WapCaplet
#1 Posted : 10 January 2016 19:53:43

Groups: Registered

I am up to issue 28 and was just about to start putting together the hull frame sections as per the instructions in issue 24. I got all the pieces gathered up and noticed that I only have 8 2-hole connectors, and I'm supposed to have 9 of them. I've searched everywhere for another 2-hole connector but I think there's a reasonable chance it got lost somewhere. I'm usually very careful about storing and verifying all the pieces but somehow this one slipped by.

So my questions are:

1) Will we ever get any spare 2-hole connectors in future issues that I might be able to use?

2) Can I get a spare 2-hole connector sent to me or do I have to order a complete issue that contains one?

So frustrating that such a small piece has put my build at a stand-still.

Any suggestions/advice is most welcome.

Thanks,
Tom
BradM73
#2 Posted : 11 January 2016 01:25:40

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

That might actually be a misprint. I'm pretty sure you'll only need 8, even though the instructions say 9.
darbyvet
#3 Posted : 11 January 2016 04:34:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

WapCaplet wrote:
I am up to issue 28 and was just about to start putting together the hull frame sections as per the instructions in issue 24. I got all the pieces gathered up and noticed that I only have 8 2-hole connectors, and I'm supposed to have 9 of them. I've searched everywhere for another 2-hole connector but I think there's a reasonable chance it got lost somewhere. I'm usually very careful about storing and verifying all the pieces but somehow this one slipped by.

So my questions are:

1) Will we ever get any spare 2-hole connectors in future issues that I might be able to use?

2) Can I get a spare 2-hole connector sent to me or do I have to order a complete issue that contains one?

So frustrating that such a small piece has put my build at a stand-still.

Any suggestions/advice is most welcome.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom,
I am forum support for USA/Canada.PM me if you need that 9th connector and I will help you get a replacement.
Carl
WapCaplet
#4 Posted : 11 January 2016 17:40:49

I decided to go ahead and try building what I could from the instructions in Issue 24. I managed to get it all built without any problem. Woohoo! Thanks BradM73 for the verification on the misprint.

And thank you Carl for your offer of help. Looks like I have all the parts I need after all.

Cheers,
Tom