Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Handle Smokebox door Options
Eddy
#1 Posted : 13 January 2016 07:32:34

Groups:

Hi Guys,

My name is Eddy. I'm a Dutch guy living just across the border in Germany.
I just started the D51. I started a building blog on a Dutch forum D51 Blog.

Because there are no Dutch D51 builders, known to me, I will post my question here.

When I put the handle trough the smokebox door, it fits very loose (mind that I did not yet glued the end tip to the handle).
So when the door is open the handle can move in and out!
Should it not be locked somehow on the inside of the door?

arpurchase
#2 Posted : 13 January 2016 08:20:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi Eddy

Firstly welcome to the forum and have a great build.
Now for your question the handle end once glued on will go through the slot in the bar across the smoke box turn the handle untill the bar is stopping the door opening then use the second outer handle to lock it in place by winding it back towards the smoke box door. Hope this helps.

Regards

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Eddy
#3 Posted : 13 January 2016 09:35:41

Groups:

Thanks Andy.

It's clear now. Thanks.
Gandale
#4 Posted : 13 January 2016 13:08:26

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

welcome to the forum Eddy, hope you enjoy your build and time with us....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan