Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

favourite 10 war films of all time? Options
jase
#1 Posted : 27 January 2016 22:07:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Just interested in what are peoples favourite war films?

Mine, in no particular order, are...

Sink the Bismarck
Ice Cold in Alex
The Cruel Sea
Saving Private Ryan
Battle of the River Plate
Master and Commander
Reach for the Sky
The Dambusters
Das Boot
The Great Escape

BigGrin
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Plymouth57
#2 Posted : 27 January 2016 22:56:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

All of the above!BigGrin

And also: Battle of Britain
633 Squadron
I can't remember the title but it was the true story of the assassination of Rheinhard Heidrich (one hell of a shootout in the church at the end!!Cool )

Robin.
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
jase
#3 Posted : 27 January 2016 23:17:25

Plymouth57 wrote:
All of the above!BigGrin

And also: Battle of Britain
633 Squadron
I can't remember the title but it was the true story of the assassination of Rheinhard Heidrich (one hell of a shootout in the church at the end!!Cool )

Robin.

Good shout, was that film called operation day break?
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
ModelMania
#4 Posted : 27 January 2016 23:33:19

Groups:

Ooooh ... great post Jase!! Cool Cool Cool ThumpUp

So ... my list in no particular order, just films that I'll never tire of watching over and over again!! ... :

Battle Of Britain
633 Squadron
A Bridge Too Far
The Longest Day
Saving Private Ryan
Schindlers' List
Enemy At The Gates
Tora!! Tora!! Tora!!
Ice Cold In Alex
Kelly's Heroes

... and many more!! Ten is not enough!! BigGrin Drool Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
jase
#5 Posted : 27 January 2016 23:38:27

ModelMania wrote:
Ooooh ... great post Jase!! Cool Cool Cool ThumpUp

So ... my list in no particular order, just films that I'll never tire of watching over and over again!! ... :

Battle Of Britain
633 Squadron
A Bridge Too Far
The Longest Day
Saving Private Ryan
Schindlers' List
Enemy At The Gates
Tora!! Tora!! Tora!!
Ice Cold In Alex
Kelly's Heroes

... and many more!! Ten is not enough!! BigGrin Drool Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile

ooh forgot about A bridge to far Alex Guness at his very best, Longest day is an epic, and i have just remembered Guns of Navarone, watched that at Christmas
-Mark Twain
Plymouth57
#6 Posted : 27 January 2016 23:39:00

Operation Day Break!! That's the one - well remembered! And I'd completely forgotten A bridge too far! That's high up the list too!Cool
Come to think of it, there's an old black and white film, I think it's just called Dunkirk, that's a good one as well.

Robin

Oh! and War Horse!Blushing
First wooden ship: The Grimsby 12 Gun 'Frigate' by Constructo Second: Bounty DelPrado Part Works Third: HMS Victory DelPrado Part Works 1/100 scale
Diorama of the Battle of the Brandywine from the American Revolutionary War Diorama of the Battle of New Falkland (unfinished sci-fi), Great War Centenary Diorama of the Messines Ridge Assault
Index for the Victory diary is on page 1
jase
#7 Posted : 27 January 2016 23:47:51

Plymouth57 wrote:
Operation Day Break!! That's the one - well remembered! And I'd completely forgotten A bridge too far! That's high up the list too!Cool
Come to think of it, there's an old black and white film, I think it's just called Dunkirk, that's a good one as well.

Robin

Oh! and War Horse!Blushing

Dunkirk is excellent

actually not sure why I for got this film as I must have watched it more than any other film Zulu proper brilliant film that is.
-Mark Twain
ModelMania
#8 Posted : 27 January 2016 23:55:26

Groups:

...... The Desert Fox .. Where Eagles Dare .. The Bridge On The River Kwai .. The Flying Leathernecks .. Apocalypse Now .. Full Metal Jacket .. Pearl Harbour .. Black Hawk Down .. Inglorious Basterds .. Fury .. The Deer Hunter .. Platoon .. Valkyrie ...... Flapper BigGrin Drool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
RogerThornhill
#9 Posted : 28 January 2016 05:06:06

In no particular order:

Saving Private Ryan
Apocalypse Now
Das Boot
Bridge on the River Kwai
The Green Beret
Platoon
Midway
The Thin Red Line
Schindler's List
Band of Brothers
Nytetrain
#10 Posted : 28 January 2016 07:24:15

Turquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

In no particular order:

Midway
Gung Ho!(1943) Not the comedy with Michael Keaton
A Walk in the Sun
Saving Private Ryan
Battle of the Bulge
The Longest Day
A Bridge too Far
Patton
Green Berets
Fury

Ron
Best Regards,
Ron

On the bench: DeAgostini '67 Ford Shelby Mustang, Hachette Space Battleship Yamato 2202, Agora Models T-800 Terminator
Finished builds: DeAgostini Toyota 2000GT
In the Stash: Losing count...