Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

With the Ramp open, how long do the bolts protrude from the base of the hull? Options
Supercoolin
#1 Posted : 12 February 2016 08:44:13

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

I am removing the DeAgo lift motor and frame and building a corridor so you can look up into the ship. I don't want to assemble the original ramp to get the open distance, but if I could find out how far the bolts stick out when the ramp is open and touching the same surface as the adjusted bolts, I can make the new lift mechanism with the proper drop of the re-hinged ramp. With the DeAgo motor opening the ramp a pre-set distance, we can assume that will be the height of the landing gear.
LrdSatyr8
#2 Posted : 15 February 2016 14:51:51

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

There's no way to know exactly how high the bottom hull sits off the ground until the landing gear are released but you should be able to judge the height by how low the boarding ramp extends when open. I'm sure if you position your bolts to that height, you should get rather close.
Supercoolin
#3 Posted : 16 February 2016 01:13:38

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

LrdSatyr8 wrote:
There's no way to know exactly how high the bottom hull sits off the ground until the landing gear are released but you should be able to judge the height by how low the boarding ramp extends when open. I'm sure if you position your bolts to that height, you should get rather close.

Thanks Satyr, I was able to pretty much figure out everything, I just figured that someone had already installed the motor and controller board. and could measure just how far the ramp door actually opened, since that would be the height of the landing gear. Thanks for at least offering a suggestion.

BTW, I bought one of your light bar tubes, and thanx for all the hard work on the figures. Too many self righteous people out there in the world Cursing , your good hereCool .
LrdSatyr8
#4 Posted : 18 February 2016 15:46:56

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Supercoolin wrote:
LrdSatyr8 wrote:

Thanks Satyr, I was able to pretty much figure out everything, I just figured that someone had already installed the motor and controller board. and could measure just how far the ramp door actually opened, since that would be the height of the landing gear. Thanks for at least offering a suggestion.

BTW, I bought one of your light bar tubes, and thanx for all the hard work on the figures. Too many self righteous people out there in the world Cursing , your good hereCool .

No problem bro... I know what you mean. Just kinda disheartening sometimes! Glad I was able to help a little!