Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Verlinden Waistgunner Down! B17 Vignette Options
arpurchase
#1 Posted : 15 February 2016 19:27:39

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

BigGrin Hi All

Got this off flea-bay for a good price and an interesting subject to boot. In 1/32 scale with some well cast and detailed pieces it should make into a nice little kit. Some parts like copper wire and clear plastic will be needed but I have those in the spares box.

Regards

AndyCool
arpurchase attached the following image(s):
P2150501.JPG
P2150523.JPG
P2150505.JPG
P2150507.JPG
P2150511.JPG
P2150512.JPG
P2150514.JPG
P2150516.JPG
P2150517.JPG
P2150520.JPG
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Nemesis
#2 Posted : 15 February 2016 19:32:55

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Now that is a cool little dio kit!!ThumpUp
Martyn Ingram
#3 Posted : 15 February 2016 20:12:43

BigGrin Brilliant looking kit Cool wouldn't mind doing this one myself Drool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
jase
#4 Posted : 15 February 2016 21:48:25

Saw this on eBay myself, very nice and something a bit different

Cool Cool Cool Cool
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
Gandale
#5 Posted : 15 February 2016 23:40:40

Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Certainly is different Jase, haven't seen anything like this before. This should turn out to be a great project and I look forward to seeing how you get on with it....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan
arpurchase
#6 Posted : 16 February 2016 17:53:37

BigGrin Thanks everyone for looking in and your commentsCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

ModelMania
#7 Posted : 16 February 2016 20:54:48

Groups:

Looks a great vignette Andy, looking forward to seeing it finished. Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
arpurchase
#8 Posted : 16 February 2016 22:47:57

BigGrin Its a well cast little kit Kev and thanks for looking inCool

arpurchase
#9 Posted : 18 February 2016 20:27:15

BigGrin Hi ALL

The Vallejo USAAF paint set arrived today, I already have the skin tones set so This can be started soon

Regards

AndyCool
arpurchase attached the following image(s):
P2180548.JPG

birdaj2
#10 Posted : 18 February 2016 21:11:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Andy, i am so jealous Blushing you must have the best job in the world - modelling BigGrin

Had another "wonderful work day today with a company that puts no value on people".

Only positive point is i had my cornwall boats order arrive with some narrower planking strips for the deck on my present build BigGrin

I cut my modelling teeth on verlinden products and stayed with them for some time when they went USA. some of the old books and verlinden magazines I have are looking dated now but wow what a brilliant range of items he turned out, and if you think about it Francois V was probable one of the biggest influences on getting so many "garage" and "indi" producers to start up.

You have a very nice kit here and look forward to your build but more on how you present it when finished (no pressure there LOL )

Hope it all comes together well.

Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Martyn Ingram
#11 Posted : 18 February 2016 21:11:45

BigGrin Really looking forward to this one Andy Cool

Rgd Martyn
Building ?
Completed. Soliei Royal . Sovereign of the Seas . Virginia . Scotland . San Felipe . Corel vasa , Santisima Trinadad X section , Vasa
Next Build ?
When sailors have good wine, They think themselves in heaven for the time. John Baltharpe
arpurchase
#12 Posted : 19 February 2016 08:33:35

BigGrin Hi Tony and Martyn

Thanks for looking in and your comments, I wish I could just build models all day Tony but life dictates that I must work to enjoy my hobby. AH well makes it all worth while when the fruits of your labour is doing something you enjoy.

Regards

AndyCool

Warthog
#13 Posted : 19 February 2016 18:52:36

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: registriert, Registered

A beautiful little Dio Andy and one to take your time on mate. Drool Cool

Spence
arpurchase
#14 Posted : 19 February 2016 19:34:34

BigGrin Hi Spencer

Thanks for looking in and your comments, I also have some lead foil and different thicknesses of lead wire for this. I can post some picks if anyone is interested.

Regards

AndyCool