Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages <123
San Srancisco II Virgin Builders Blog/ Stress relief Options
spineman
#41 Posted : 18 January 2016 15:04:34

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Thanks to all for suggestions & commiserationsCrying

Rooting around workshop to see what components/ materials I already have. Few days down the line since the "incident" I am getting increasingly confident that this is more than salvageableBigGrin

spineman
#42 Posted : 21 February 2016 16:57:54

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

It is with a heavy heart that I report that the Galleon San Francisco II appears to be lost with all hands.Crying

Found that there was more damage to the body which is terminal,

Thanks for all the help and advice I have received to date.

Wandering around the house like a lost puppy worked a treat on Mrs Spineman, To my amazement a Cutty Sark kit arrived yesterday Drool !!!! Thought she may have suggested I buy another SF2, which would have had plenty of spares to use,

But she ordered the Sark as a complete surprise, over the moon, also a little apprehensive as this appears to be a much bigger and more detailed project/ build than the SF.

I am keeping the SF who knows what I may learn in the future, but for now that door is well and truly closed.

Will start build diary in due course ( have taken appropriate measures to prevent repeat of previous disaster. Grandkids no-go area
magpie1832
#43 Posted : 21 February 2016 18:46:40

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Spineman,
Sorry to hear of the demise of the San Fran Crying but look forward to seeing your Sark Build.
She is a great kit to build.
ChrisBigGrin
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

arpurchase
#44 Posted : 21 February 2016 20:14:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin A pheonix arises from the ashes and turns into the Cutty Sark, will look forward to your build diaryCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Gandale
#45 Posted : 22 February 2016 00:28:08

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Global Forum Support, Moderator, Official Builds, Administrators

Sorry to hear of your terminal problem with the San Fran, really thought this could be salvaged....Crying Crying .. Still, will look forward to the Cutty taking shape.....Cool Cool

Regards

Alan