Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

B52Tailgunner:Noob on the loose - Reference Photos? Options
B52Tailgunner
#1 Posted : 14 February 2016 00:59:32

Groups: Registered

Hello to all. Just got shipment #1 in yesterday and was watching the Steve Dymszo series of videos and he mentioned two key words that tickled my ears and that was "reference photos". Do we have access to these and where do I find them? I'm in the good ol' US-of-A, Texas and want to thank all those here with the info you have provided. I apologize for my "noobness" of this question and was wondering if I'm overlooking something or maybe I don't have access to this as of yet due to my only having the first shipment.

Thanks,
Dean
birdaj2
#2 Posted : 14 February 2016 12:36:25

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Dean

Not sure if the reference is to a particular set of puctures but on the whole most reference pictures these days people tend to search out on the internet.

Just one google search for "millenium falcon reference pictures" brings up loads of sites.

Here is just one

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=55219

You can also find decent reference on youtube.

Kind regards

Tony
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
Lickintoad
#3 Posted : 16 February 2016 17:17:11

Welcome to the asylum.

Most reference shots I've seen are from third-party sites. I haven't started painting yet, so I haven't really gone looking for them. I believe DeAgostini said theirs would be made available online, though. I'll see if I can dredge some up when I get a chance.

I see your in Keller. I went to KHS, and still live in the area (though I'm in Fort Worth, near Fossil Ridge). Good to see someone nearby going through the same pain I'm going through. ;)
darbyvet
#4 Posted : 16 February 2016 17:23:18

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Welcome to the forum Dean,
I am forum support for USA so let me know if I can do anything to help.

As others have said there are tons of sites with reference photos of the falcon.There will be some pics in the build magazines and Steves videos are pretty good too.

There are also a ton of build diaries on this forum with some superb builds that you can use for reference.

Carl

Junk Pilot
#5 Posted : 22 February 2016 00:29:30

With the reference photos these would be photos of the actual filming model when it was on display at the various exhibitions around the world that fans have taken. Some good quality photos have found their way to various film prop websites/forums.

With Steve Dymszo, the former founder of Master Replicas, who released their own replica Falcon 10 years ago, he would have his own series of reference photos that would have been taken at Lucasfilm Archives in preparation for production of the MR Falcon.