Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Frame 24 Options
darrenallen
#1 Posted : 08 October 2010 12:48:00

Groups: Registered

I've just noticed, further into the build that the stern frame (think its number 24) is at a significant angle to the rest. See attached pic of the instructions.
At the moment mine is more or less vertical to match the others. When I lined up the parts I glued it at the angle it wanted to sit at i.e. I didn't force it to go off at an angle.

Unfortunately I can't take a pic of mine at the moment, lack of usb cable.

My question is does it matter too much if the angle is not right. Can't see it mentioned in the instructions at all. If it does matter then I will have to undo the stern parts, probably using steam etc and then reseting them.

Any help is appreciated.

Darren
darrenallen attached the following image(s):
New Picture (6).jpg
magpie1832
#2 Posted : 08 October 2010 13:16:38

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Darren ,

I did mine at an angle, It doesn't say in the instructions to do it any way does it. But looking at other builds it looks like it has an angle. Mine is at an angle..

Hope that helps you .. :)BigGrin BigGrin

Chris...
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

darrenallen
#3 Posted : 08 October 2010 13:36:22

I'll have to get the steam gun out tonight.
Shame the instructions weren't more specific.
I take it then that the angle of the frame should closely match the angle of the stern of the keel, or something like that?
magpie1832
#4 Posted : 08 October 2010 14:09:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Darren,

I set the rib so the middle of it was level with the stern post. Leaving half of the bottom overhanging so it can be faired like what I've done.

Chris..

On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

darrenallen
#5 Posted : 08 October 2010 14:19:30

Thanks chris.
The pics make sense. Just glad I caught it now or would have been pulling my hair out at a later date.
Cheers

Darren
budgie
#6 Posted : 08 October 2010 16:41:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Blushing just a thank u in advance guys for possible problem & resolution in my build