Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Attaching hoses Options
adamg1987
#1 Posted : 11 January 2016 21:25:28

Groups: Registered

Any tips for the hoses the parts to attach the hoses in particular on the side pods are so fragile I've already broken one piece trying to get it on.
arpurchase
#2 Posted : 11 January 2016 21:40:19

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin Here's how I did it,

Warm the tube on a radiator panel then push the tube onto the point of a pair of tweezers to stretch it then quickly pull it off and attach to the model. It may take a couple of tries until you get it right but it worked for me. Hope this helps.

Regards

AndyCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Wheeler
#3 Posted : 12 January 2016 07:53:33

Hi adamg1987,

Agree with arpurchase, heating those hoses up and stretching them beforehand with tweezers works very well.

What worked for me was to heat a hose in front of a fan heater then poking a toothpick into it to stretch it before fitting them over the attachment point with tweezers. The hose should shrink a little around the fitting when it cools down. BigGrin

ModelMania
#4 Posted : 12 January 2016 09:53:44

Groups:

I've not built this model, so can only guess at what the problem is, but it seems to me that the problem involves trying to get a piece of tubing of too small a diameter to fit onto a lug or attachment pin which is too big in diameter, and which is made of plastic? Common sense would tell me to scrape/sand the attachment pins to a smaller diameter first and thus create the need to use less force in pushing the tubing onto them and help reduce the risk of breaking them off? You could also try using a little undiluted washing-up liquid inside the end of the tubing to act as a lubricant when fitting the hose onto the pin. When it has dried it should stay attached or place a tiny drop of CA glue in the edge of the joint to fix it more permanently?

Just a thought? Cool ThumpUp

Kev Smile
mattsr
#5 Posted : 05 March 2016 21:08:08

Having broken one mounting pin - repaired with superglue- I've found that a tiny bit of Vaseline on the pin and then dipping the end of the hose in very hot water for a few seconds seems to do the trick. I think the pins are too tiny and fragile to sand down as suggested in the previous post.