Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Frame widths (11 - 17) Options
darrenallen
#1 Posted : 12 October 2010 02:01:34

Groups: Registered

I've started planking the inner walls of the bulkheads and realised that my bulkheads are just a tad off Blushing . Unfortunately not able to put a pic of it up.
I knew that a couple of the bulkheads are a little out but it became more obvious when doing the inner walls.

I was hoping that someone who has already planked the outside can assist me. If possible would you be able to measure the inner gap and the outer gap between the top of frames 11 - 17 i.e. across the desk. Prob making a hash of explaining. I think frame 12 and 16 needs to be pushed out somehow as the inner walls are really curving in.

Will try and get some pics done this week.
I've attached a pic to show the frames I am referring to.

If anyone can help it would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Darren

darrenallen attached the following image(s):
Untitled.jpg
magpie1832
#2 Posted : 12 October 2010 10:57:11

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi Darrenallen,

The Frames are quite out on these. I got the outside of the frames right first then I filed the inside of the frames so they where all the same Approx 5mm. Mine where quite wobbly, here is a pic of looking down on top of mine.

Chris,,,,BigGrin BigGrin

On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.