Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Space between inner and outer hallway walls for lighting the Falcon Question Options
LrdSatyr8
#1 Posted : 06 April 2016 19:28:09

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour
Groups: Registered

Ok... I've been thinking of lighting my hallways and putting the sconces on the wall, however, I've been wondering just how much space is available between the inner and outer walls. The area I'm most concerned about is the corridor leading to the cockpit. From the looks of it there doesn't appear to be much room for electronics between the outer hull and cockpit corridor at all. Which means I will have to change my entire way of planning out the electronics for it.

Now if there's enough space, using an LED with bent legs should work, if not, I may end up having to use strip LEDs or even sheet lighting. The space between would mean the difference between all these options! Anyone have an answer that could help?
LrdSatyr8
#2 Posted : 11 April 2016 16:01:16

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Not even a guess here?
darbyvet
#3 Posted : 11 April 2016 17:58:23

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have seen some Facebook build diaries where they are using the LEd strips for the hallway lighting.I would imagine they would not be a problem since they are so low profile and easier to deal with than EL strips.

Carl

LeviathanPrime
#4 Posted : 11 April 2016 21:55:47

Groups:

Would it not be possible to get any info on the final product? Surely someone involved in the design could answer this or provide some details on the finished build.
darbyvet
#5 Posted : 11 April 2016 22:22:41

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

LeviathanPrime wrote:
Would it not be possible to get any info on the final product? Surely someone involved in the design could answer this or provide some details on the finished build.

You would need to post this on the buildthemillenniumfalcon website to reach the publishers.