Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Falcon interior mistake? Options
eddiebosox
#1 Posted : 07 April 2016 16:19:17

Groups: Registered

I noticed something in Force Awakens that I’d never known before about the Falcon. In the main hold there is a cot on the far wall which is where an injured Chewie is laying down. I believe its also the same one Luke was lying in at the end of Empire (but I’ve yet to find a photo of that far wall from the set for reference.

THE Deagostino mode doesn’t have that cot in the main hold. It’s just a wall. Here it is from the new book Star Wars Amazing Cross Sections

http://nerdapproved.com/...1/sw-cross-sections.jpg

Has anyone thought of modifying their model to include it?
greyhawk
#2 Posted : 07 April 2016 17:42:20

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Not an error per se. That specific bunk was added by the Irving Boys when they stole the Falcon from a guy that stole the Falcon between Episode 6 and 7. The model is circa episode 5 I believe.
Lickintoad
#3 Posted : 11 April 2016 13:38:32

The interior is close, but not accurate. It seems to be out of scale with the ship, and there are features missing that should be there, like lights in the corridors, the support beams in the hold, etc.

The filming model had no interior, so, the exterior is to scale, but the interior is an extra feature that isn't quite up to that standard.

The bunk should probably be there, just like the electronics bay or the electronics stack beside our current bunk, and so on. But, since it would be covered up by the hull when viewing the inside, anyway, they didn't model it.
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 11 April 2016 17:11:37

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

BigGrin As you say the interior is an extra bonus part to the build but this should not stop you adapting the interior to how you want it to look, I doubt there will be many stock builds out there as everyone is doing there own thing with the interiorsCool
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

darbyvet
#5 Posted : 11 April 2016 18:01:06

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

yes the Falcon is based on the Empire Strikes Back version.

Carl

LrdSatyr8
#6 Posted : 12 April 2016 15:41:31

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

The interior is missing alot of details that were in the movie... but the scale is totally different from the cockpit as well. The whole ship is 1/43 scale. The cockpit is suppose to be 1/43 but is bigger and is more like 1/41.5 and squeezed into the cockpit. The interior on the other hand is even smaller... it's around 1/47.3 scale (or close to 1/48 scale). You can see this effect if you put the nav chair from the cockpit in the cargo area near the nav computer. It's stort and stumpy and is suppose to be the same height as the computer, but is alot taller. Some of the things that are missing on the interior are as follows:

1) The bunk above the seating is wrong.
2) There should be controls just above the seating and embedded in the seat back cushions.
3) There are no hallway lights.
4) The grating is missing in the main floor.
5) The large door rings have holes that are wrong... there should be one long hole and 2 small holes in a pattern all the way around.
6) The recesses in the wall behind the nav computer are missing on both walls (behind and the the left)
7) The support pylons are missing from the front as well as the large tube
8) The maintence door is wrong. Should be squared cushions and more like the cockpit door for the opening.
9) The extra recess pits around the right side wall door are missing.

The bunk in that wall is an addition they made for TFA movie. Wasn't there in ANH or ESB. There are subtle differences between ANH and ESB as well... but the 32" prop was only used in ESB so the interior should at least reflect the ESB set if you want it to look accurate at all.
Tomick
#7 Posted : 12 April 2016 15:54:24

Groups:

There isn't a model kit on the market that does not have missing detail or is totally accurate, simply because compromises have to be made, and even if there was, someone would moan its not to their liking Laugh LOL
darbyvet
#8 Posted : 12 April 2016 16:10:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Well you also have to remember that the set woudlnt fit in the full size Falcon either.It was a set.It wasnt built into the inside of the full size falcon.Thats because it was a MOVIE and not a real ship.So in order to have a representation of the interior INSIDE the model compromises have to be made.This is true of all of the Falcon models that have an interior.Just like the gun ports.In real life either Han or Luke would be lying face down or on their back at the controls of the guns, but they werent because it was a MOVIE.

Carl

LrdSatyr8
#9 Posted : 12 April 2016 16:29:31

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Tomick wrote:
There isn't a model kit on the market that does not have missing detail or is totally accurate, simply because compromises have to be made, and even it there was, someone would moan its not to their liking Laugh LOL

Oh I totally agree... I'm not knocking it, just pointing out things that were left out that should have been included but can be added with a bit of hard work and elbow grease by those who want a bit more accuracy. I can't tell you how many AMT/Ertl kits I've "accurized" in the past... don't get me started on that AMT Falcon! I remember when it came with lights (rice bulbs). There was a switch on the rear right quarter that you flipped and the engines would light up, the cockpit, the window between the mandibles (yes there was a window between the mandibles in that kit). It was awesome when I was a kid. Didn't really pay it no mind. But over the years I found that kit again, over and over and even thou they didn't have the lights in it anymore, the little slot where the switch was at was still there... along with the battery box cover on the bottom! Was when I realized they never really updated the models at all, but just recast them over and over again! Was kinda disillusioned about it when I was younger, but have come to accept it as an adult (even thou the kid in me is still crying)! LOL
rabidcatfan
#10 Posted : 26 April 2016 12:50:53

The Falcon hold as you're building it is based on the hold from Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. The hold from Episode VII: The Force Awakens has been modified since then.