Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages <12
Mustang Shelby build diary Options
RM1
#21 Posted : 22 April 2015 08:29:53

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildCompetition Winner of Model Builds: Competition Winner of Model BuildsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

This is a very interesting kit.Cool Looking forward to seeing the build develop. Great work so far.
Malc.
ModelMania
#22 Posted : 22 April 2015 09:41:54

Groups:

Nice work Michu, this really does look like a superb model and that great big pancake filter looks superb atop that engine block, just what you'd expect on an American 'Muscle' car, very nice!! Drool Cool

Kev BigGrin
ian2014
#23 Posted : 22 April 2015 12:19:50

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Michu looking good m8 I got 3,4 today putting it to one side at mo.
Facebook-model maker
michu
#24 Posted : 24 May 2016 22:19:14

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi all, is it time to get back to this build? Yep, I think it's long overdue. I've resubscribed as soon as it went live, but I was putting the deliveries aside for now, to have more to build at once. I've completed the build up to Issue 17, and the photos are below.

A seat and a half, plus a bonus in the form of the cat. BTW, cat's name is Tamiya.

The front grille was done before, but here's a better photo - you can see it will be a beautiful model when completed. After getting the grille out of storage I found out that one of the lamps in the middle popped out and is not staying in place anymore on its own, but that was easily rectified with a bit of CA glue.

Now I have two wheels done, so here they are. And again I had problems fitting the tyre at first (lazy me didn't want to put the kettle on; I was trying to use hot water from the tap to warm it up), but then after a few minutes in a proper just-boiled water it slipped on right how it should, like it was made of soft rubber.

Test-fitting exhaust pipes to the framework part... The quality of the orange structure is wonderful, feels great and heavy.

And the last item - the doors. They're larger than I expected!

:)
Any images I post on my personal builds are free to be used and shared under Creative Commons Attribution license, which means you can do what you want with them, on the condition you mention I'm the author.

Happy building :-)

http://www.model-space.com/gb/
steviecav
#25 Posted : 25 May 2016 11:20:10

loving the cat. and the build.
davetwin
#26 Posted : 25 May 2016 16:23:42

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Great pictures, the chassis certainly will added a lot of weight to the final build BigGrin
ian smith
#27 Posted : 25 May 2016 19:35:28

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Looking a very nice start to your build look forward to seeing your progress.
Ian
Current builds.Hachettes build the bismark,HMS Victory, HMS Hood.
Finished Builds Corel HMS Victory cross section.