Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

The One CD Everyone Should Make There Kids Watch Options
arpurchase
#1 Posted : 23 July 2016 08:33:31

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Hi All

Its been out for a while now but the 'The World at War - The Ultimate Restored Edition [2010] [DVD] [1973] is a classic work that everyone should watch and if you dont beleave me read the reviews starting with one from the Guardian newspaper. Remastered in 2010 with 11 Discs and includes extra's quite a bargain at £18 plus postage.

https://www.amazon.co.uk...eywords=world+at+war+dvd
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

Nemesis
#2 Posted : 23 July 2016 10:12:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionOutstanding Build: An award for an outstanding buildBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have the WWII in HD Colour set narrated by Robert Powell, and my boys have watched it. After watching it, my eldest wanted to sign up for the Royal Navy the minute he finished school this year, and he was true to his word.
ModelMania
#3 Posted : 23 July 2016 10:33:55

Groups:

The History Channel on Sky TV regularly re-runs this series and very good it is too.

The re-mastered footage looks to be a great improvement over the original film and this is one of those series that you will never get bored with? It is possible to learn something new every time you watch a repeat and will always remain a real classic!!

Kev
arpurchase
#4 Posted : 23 July 2016 21:55:23

Hi Nem ,Kev

Looks like your son has an adventure in front of him and a good career, all that free travel ect lol.

Kev Yh its repeated a lot on the cable and satellite channels but they also cherry pick what parts are shown they do tend to forget some installment's that are less savory to the viewer and the DVD also has optional extra's that have not been seen since 1973 that were shown as a precursor to the series when it was first released.

Andy
Current builds:-C57,Zero, Lamborghini Countach, Caldercraft HMS Agamemnon,Robi,R2-D2, MFH Cobra .

birdaj2
#5 Posted : 23 July 2016 22:26:04

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I had a very old set of dvd's that i picked up ages ago from ebay and at that time they cost more that this revised amazon set.

An offer that was to good to miss really so put my order in and had the free postage by adding the cats Kicker toy that amazon only supply as an add on to a larger order so the cat will be happy and so will I 😻
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach
arpurchase
#6 Posted : 23 July 2016 22:37:22

Hi Tony

You wont regret your purchase all the films have been enhanced so minimal grainyness and no scratches like in the first series films.

Andy

arpurchase
#7 Posted : 14 August 2016 01:50:52

This series is the bee's knee's not only has the whole original series been enhanced and restored but its the extra's you get afterwards that are rarely shown now and the last DVD that tells the story of the researchers and there trials in interviewing so many people that were shall we say reluctant.

The lady researcher that retells the 18 months of just chatting to Hitlers secretary before she gave her interview and how they became friends and how they ferreted out the people that were trying to cover themselves and hide the truth.

All I can say is top series and making your kids watch this will bring home the true horror of a war we never want to repeat.

darbyvet
#8 Posted : 14 August 2016 02:14:20

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I have this on DVD.It was an excellent series.

Carl

jase
#9 Posted : 14 August 2016 08:36:53

arpurchase wrote:
This series is the bee's knee's not only has the whole original series been enhanced and restored but its the extra's you get afterwards that are rarely shown now and the last DVD that tells the story of the researchers and there trials in interviewing so many people that were shall we say reluctant.

The lady researcher that retells the 18 months of just chatting to Hitlers secretary before she gave her interview and how they became friends and how they ferreted out the people that were trying to cover themselves and hide the truth.

All I can say is top series and making your kids watch this will bring home the true horror of a war we never want to repeat.

Canno agree more a great series, unfortunately I don't think we learn the lessons as there has only been a couple of days of peace since Ww 2
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.”
-Mark Twain
birdaj2
#10 Posted : 14 August 2016 08:53:33

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

arpurchase wrote:
Hi Tony

You wont regret your purchase all the films have been enhanced so minimal grainyness and no scratches like in the first series films.

Andy

Had my set arrive And it all looks very nicely put together. Hoping to watch my first episode tonight.
Happy Modelling

BUILDING: Hachette Spitfire Mk 1A, Constructo Mayflower
SUBSCRIPTION COMPLETE (Awaiting building): USS Constitution, Sovereign of the Seas, 1:200 Bismarck (Hachette)
COMPLETED: Porsche 911, E-Type Jaguar, Lam Countach