Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

6 Pages «<456
Greyhawks Victory Cross-Section (Phase 19/30) Options
greyhawk
#101 Posted : 23 August 2016 20:03:47

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

Wow, this build was just featured on ModelSpace's #mybuild campaign. Thanks guys. I feel honored.
greyhawk
#102 Posted : 23 August 2016 20:07:00

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Tigershark wrote:
Looks great Greyhawk, I like how you had the patience and took the time to paint the brass fittings on your cannons, cant wait to see this progress further.

Actually, the fittings were browned with a sodium hydroxide solution. I did try painting, but with how much one has to handle the fittings there's no real chance the colour would stay on.
darbyvet
#103 Posted : 23 August 2016 20:27:16

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

Really looking nice now Greyhawk.Hows the Fire engine coming along?

Carl

greyhawk
#104 Posted : 23 August 2016 21:08:04

darbyvet wrote:

Carl

Got the body frame, engine, suspension wheels etc all done. I'm waiting for things being less hot and humid to continue. Don't want to airbrush in this weather.
darbyvet
#105 Posted : 23 August 2016 21:29:56

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Moderator, Tech Support, Technical Support, Forum Support Team, Forum Support USA, Global Forum Support, Global Forum Support Team

greyhawk wrote:
darbyvet wrote:

Carl

Got the body frame, engine, suspension wheels etc all done. I'm waiting for things being less hot and humid to continue. Don't want to airbrush in this weather.

I hear my friend.I airbrush in my basement and I have a dehumidifier running 24/7 and it still struggles on some of the really humid days.I am also spraying vallejo acrylics which seem to cure about 1 millisecond after you pour them into the airbrush cup. its more like 0.1 millisecond when it is humid.

Carl

greyhawk
#106 Posted : 25 August 2016 09:13:09

greyhawk wrote:
Wow, this build was just featured on ModelSpace's #mybuild campaign. Thanks guys. I feel honored.

Well, I FELT honored. Until DeAgo Germany took the pictures of my build and went ahead posting them on Facebook attributing them to some other guy entirely. And are not even correcting this even after this miscredit was pointed out to them...

EDIT: They fixed it. Awesome. :-)
Gibbo
#107 Posted : 25 August 2016 10:01:04

Active Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of Honour

Love the rigging of your cannons Greyhawk, coming along nicely, looking forward to seeing the rest.
Regards
Paul
Building: DelPrado HMS Victory. Building: DeAgostini Sovereign Of The Seas.