Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Parts Help Needed Options
oldsid
#1 Posted : 26 August 2016 22:16:21

Build-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered

I have the gun deck planked and ready to start shaping the hull to ready for planking the outside. Here is my dilemma... I have one box of planking from Pack 2 labeled Part 4 which has a bunch of 2 x 5 planking, don't know what material. I have another box of planking from Pack 3 labeled Part 5 which has a bunch of 2 x 5 planking same as the other box, again don't know the material.

Then from Pack 2 I have several little bundles in rubber bands... one bundle has a 3mm dowel, a few 1 x 5 mm sticks, a few 1 1/2 x 3mm sticks, a few 1 x 3mm sticks and a few 3 x 7mm sticks.

The other small bundle has some 2 x 3mm sticks and a few 1 1/2mm square sticks.

Can someone clue me in on what goes where and when? I have the directions from both pack 2 and 3 but very little specific information. Or am I jumping the gun and all will be clear later on? Or should I just stumble on and do whatever seems right at the time?
darbyvet
#2 Posted : 26 August 2016 22:37:45

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

I havent built that kit, but often in the ship kits you get parts that are not used until later in the build.SO hang on to those parts and all should become clear over the next few issues

carl

magpie1832
#3 Posted : 27 August 2016 11:28:27

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal

Hi Oldsid
I have tried to figure out for you but without pics its a little dificult. The 2x5mm planks are they pale if so they are the upper hull planks made from basswood. The other parts you have will be put aside for later issues. It will ask you in the instructions for the sized piece you need for the step u will be on at that point. ie 2x5mm sapele cut to a length of ...... I have Pm'd you the parts list so you have a full listing of what you should receive it just doesnt tell you when.
With partworks you offten get parts early for stages 4 to 5 months further on.
Hope this explains for you. Any further questions dont hesitate to ask.
Chris
On the bench

1/350 Revell Tirpitz Platinum Edition (Pontos PE and Wooden deck) plus extra Eduard PE set and extra MK1 door sets.

delboy271155
#4 Posted : 28 August 2016 01:25:15

Publisher Medal: Featured Build of the MonthActive Service Medal: 500 post active service MedalPurple Medal: Super active service medal for 1000 postsTurquoise Medal: Turquoise Medal for model making know-how contributionBuild-Diary Medal: Build-Diary Medal of HonourRed Medal: Red Medal
Groups: Registered, Forum Support Team, Administrators, Global Forum Support Team, Moderator, Official Builds

Hi oldsid,

I have the full kit via subscription and have a downloaded list of parts.

It gives you all the info you need.

Part numbers, what part of the ship it is, how many of each part supplied, sizes and what type of wood or metal etc it`s made from.

PM me your email address and I`ll send it to you.

Regards
delboy271155
(Derek)

COME BACK GUY FAWKES "YOUR COUNTRY NEEDS YOU"

oldsid
#5 Posted : 28 August 2016 22:56:26

magpie1832 wrote:
Hi Oldsid
I have tried to figure out for you but without pics its a little dificult. The 2x5mm planks are they pale if so they are the upper hull planks made from basswood. The other parts you have will be put aside for later issues. It will ask you in the instructions for the sized piece you need for the step u will be on at that point. ie 2x5mm sapele cut to a length of ...... I have Pm'd you the parts list so you have a full listing of what you should receive it just doesnt tell you when.
Chris

Thanks, I should have known they would be called for in later parts of the build. Just got anxious, I guess. I went thru the part list and identified the pieces I was wondering about and obviously I was jumping the gun. I am currently building the Harley Fat Boy and the C57 both by subscription and the Fat boy is great for unused parts oil later. Just started the C57and I have I think 5 boxes in the closet of parts waiting to be used for the Fat Boy.
oldsid
#6 Posted : 28 August 2016 22:58:04

oldsid wrote:
magpie1832 wrote:
Hi Oldsid
Chris

Thanks, I should have known they would be called for in later parts of the build. Just got anxious, I guess. I went thru the part list and identified the pieces I was wondering about and obviously I was jumping the gun. I am currently building the Harley Fat Boy and the C57 both by subscription and the Fat boy is great for unused parts oil later. Just started the C57and I have I think 5 boxes in the closet of parts waiting to be used for the Fat Boy.

By the way, your build is the one I was most impressed with and will be kind of using it as a guide, since there doesn't seem to be an official build to follow.